Grayson’s Bedroom Updates with Target Threshold

A finished space is all in the details.

When Target asked if we’d work with them to check out their new Threshold line, I was game–

boys bedroom decorating ideas | target threshold | perfectly imperfect

Grayson’s room has been almost done for quite some time now.  That almost drives me crazy…I want to finish the details.

boys bedroom decorating ideas | target threshold | perfectly imperfect

In finishing up his room, I ran across this lamp from the Target Threshold collection….and bam!

boys bedroom decorating ideas | target threshold | perfectly imperfect

I adore the blue ombre glass…its shape and color remind me of the ocean, which is perfect for Gray’s nautical inspired room.  I paired it with a grey linen/black trim shade, and I LOVE it in his space!

P.S.  How do you feel about that giant electrical spool as his bedside table??  We brought it in the room over a year ago, back when we built his platform farmhouse bed for Ana White’s book.

Next up: a gallery wall, & a lego table to finish up.

boys bedroom decorating ideas | target threshold | perfectly imperfect

Isn’t it all about the details?

Oh, and Grayson loves his “bottle from the ocean” lamp, too.

Other posts from Grayson’s room:

**This post was sponsored by Threshold by Target & Style Coalition, but all opinions are 100% mine, as they always are.

, , , , ,

15 Responses to Grayson’s Bedroom Updates with Target Threshold

1. Anna@agoodhome April 2, 2013 at 8:06 am #

I LOVE the electrical spool! It’s absolutely perfect for the space. What a fun room :)

2. Jeni@RestoringPiece April 2, 2013 at 10:34 am #

I adore the spool, too. We are spool-a-holics around here at RP. ;0)

3. Jenn Grissom April 2, 2013 at 1:16 pm #

I love the spool, too!

4. Ginger April 2, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

I noticed that spool instantly and it made me want to leave work to go find one. Fits the space perfectly. Love it all!

5. julie April 2, 2013 at 2:43 pm #

LOVE the spool — it’s perfect! Headboard is cool, too. Good job on the kiddo’s room!

6. Kari April 2, 2013 at 4:08 pm #

I believe the “spool” my be one of my favorite elements. Great colors that he won’t outgrow. The headboard is great too. Everything you do looks lovely!

7. Kay April 2, 2013 at 4:35 pm #

Can you please tell me where you found the navy blue coverlet? I’ve been searching for one and love this one! Thank you!

8. Amy April 2, 2013 at 6:09 pm #

What a beautiful room. I’ve been looking for a navy quilt/blanket and I love Grayson’s. Where did you get it. Also, do you have a bed skirt for his bed? I wasn’t sure how to hide my son’s box spring mattress. Fabulous room!

9. Karen April 3, 2013 at 10:41 am #

I really like the new Target Threshold line but who doesn’t? His bedroom looks great and the spool is super cool and unexpected. Speaking of Ana White’s book, I purchased this a few months ago and just recently noticed your bed in it. I looked through your blog to see if you wrote about it but I didn’t see anything. What I’m most interested in is the “base” of your bed. I can only assume that you made it yourself. I’ve been looking forever for something like this. Can you share your details?

10. Carolyn Smith April 3, 2013 at 11:58 am #

The lamp is the perfect choice. There are lots of linear influences in the room and the lamp has a very “floaty”, free flowing feel, so the balance is awesome! Great room!

11. Sherri April 5, 2013 at 8:41 am #

Love the spool and love the lamp – great together and perfect in the room!

12. Gina April 8, 2013 at 10:33 am #

Love the spool. I would have wrapped a big chunky white rope around the center part. I know it’s “been done” but I like the look, especially for nautical decor.

13. Sheena April 12, 2013 at 4:36 pm #

I love the lamp! Actually I saw it recently at Target and it would match perfect in my son’s rooms but its a little larger than I want. So I am going to try to make one myself. :)

14. Austin Painters April 19, 2013 at 12:39 pm #

I love what you have done with the wonderful products from the Target Threshold Collection! They look amazing in the bedroom!

15. Kelly May 1, 2013 at 3:53 pm #

I also have a spoon bedside table. Mine had a cardboard inside so I modge podged it with scrapbook paper that matches the bedding. I love it!
    I love Grayson’s pallet art!