Ava’s Bedroom Progress & Threshold by Target

Hi friends!

The last time you saw Ava’s room, we had finished ripping out and laying new floors, and adding board & batten.

We finished the hard part, and I kind of left it alone for a while.  We moved her bed back in and her toys…and life resumed.  Then we opened up a shop & began working on an online store…

So, it’s been quite a while, and I’ve slowly collected items for her room to begin the finishing stage.

girls room decorating | target threshold | perfectly imperfect

We’re by no means done, but it’s slowly coming together.

I’m still stuck on the bed…do I paint the brass?  Do we find/paint a new bed?  Etc.

girls room decorating | target threshold | perfectly imperfect

You guessed it….that beautiful sunburst mirror came from Target.  It’s part of their Threshold collection (which I LOVE, btw!).

girls room decorating | target threshold | perfectly imperfect

I knew upon seeing it that it had to hang in her room.  We’re picking up reclaimed & warm wood frames, etc. to finish up her space and to contrast with all the white.

The prints are by Katie Daisy….absolutely love her artwork.

girls room decorating | target threshold | perfectly imperfect

We wanted an all-white room with bold pops of coral-pink, blush, & orange….and okay, maybe a couple of pops of yellow.

girls room decorating | target threshold | perfectly imperfect

We paired bright & patterned linens with a basic white duvet and cover.  Fabric sources are coming soon in the final reveal & resource post…

girls room decorating | target threshold | perfectly imperfect

Oh, and P.S.  The lamp, shade, & adorable sherbet-colored sheets all came from Target, too.

girls room decorating | target threshold | perfectly imperfect

We are slowly completing a big girl space that can grow with Ava…and by the way, she’s not giving up pink anytime soon.  She even prefers to sleep on the pink buffalo check over the orange.  Sweet girl.

Next up, we’ll add some built ins to create storage for the toys/makeup/books.  There’s another piece of art I cannot wait to show you guys, so stay tuned!

**This post was sponsored by Threshold by Target & Style Coalition, but all opinions are 100% mine, as they always are.

, , ,

50 Responses to Ava’s Bedroom Progress & Threshold by Target

1. cassie March 19, 2013 at 6:33 am #

it looks awesome and is giving me the itch to do emmy’s room over….. the one i did last year. ;)

2. Suzan March 19, 2013 at 6:46 am #

How can you not be finished? I cannot imagine that bedroom any more gorgeous – any more adorable – any more PERFECT!!!
    What a beautiful job you did!
    XOX

3. Brenna March 19, 2013 at 7:24 am #

That bedroom is fantastic! I’m sure Ava loves it! And Target – well, it’s one of my favorite places! The Threshold line is awesome!

4. Katherine @ Grass Stains March 19, 2013 at 7:56 am #

Absolutely beautiful, Shaunna! I just love what you’ve done. I vote paint the bed, but I know WHATEVER you do, it will be stunning. You always choose just the right thing!

5. Amanda March 19, 2013 at 8:07 am #

I’m doing my own bedroom at the moment and my colors are beige and that “poppy-color” (pinky orange-red) with occasional pops of yellow. I love what you have done so far. I’ve gotten all my stuff from target they have the best home decor for such an affordable price. Thanks for sharing.

6. martha.anne (@themarthaanne) March 19, 2013 at 8:09 am #

Love it! I can’t believe there is still more to come… Ava must love her room.

7. NatureGirl March 19, 2013 at 8:29 am #

I have been wondering about that new line from Target! I guess it is worth driving across town to check it out. This room is a dream…I would live there!!! Thanks for the inspiration. Trying to visualize a new space for myself and the Hunky Hubs!

• perfectlyimperfect March 19, 2013 at 11:25 am #

DEFINITELY get over there!! Beautiful things to choose from! :-)

8. Lacey Quebe March 19, 2013 at 8:35 am #

Beautifully done as always! I love the clean look with pops of color. Definitely looks like it represents your precious daughter’s bright personality!

9. annaliese March 19, 2013 at 8:45 am #

looks so sweet! i wanna move in ;)

10. jessica@fourgenerationsoneroof March 19, 2013 at 8:56 am #

So pretty Shaunna!!! :)

11. Michael Wurm, Jr March 19, 2013 at 8:58 am #

Cutest. Space. Ever.

So fab!

12. Shauna Oberg March 19, 2013 at 9:27 am #

So love the color scheme and personal touches!

13. Mimi March 19, 2013 at 9:30 am #

What a lucky little girl to have such a pretty room! and a talented mama!

14. Tonya @ Love of Family & Home March 19, 2013 at 9:33 am #

Oh Shaunna!! It’s beautiful!! I love her room! The floor to ceiling board & batten is fabulous!! LOVE the threshold line at Target! So many gorgeous items to choose from, it makes me want to redecorate every room in my house!!

15. Harbormom March 19, 2013 at 9:35 am #

My “babygirl” is almost 34 and she STILL hasn’t given up pink! I recently replaced the pink Doc Martens I bought her when she was in high school; she loves ‘em!

16. Layla March 19, 2013 at 9:37 am #

That’s it. I’m moving in.

17. Jenn March 19, 2013 at 9:39 am #

I love the color scheme! So pretty for a young girl, but such a good color palette to grow in to. I have been eyeing that mirror for a while, and I think I will have to pick it up the next time I go. I would leave the bed as is. The touch of a brass is so pretty.
    Blessings!

18. carissa March 19, 2013 at 9:42 am #

it looks sooo good! i’m loving the colors; those are the exact colors i dream of for my daughter’s big girl bedroom:)

19. Sara March 19, 2013 at 9:51 am #

Love all the color, the room is perfect for a little girl :) And I say, keep the bed, I think it’s timeless and really coordinates with the color you have in the room. Beautiful job!!!

20. carol Herman March 19, 2013 at 10:41 am #

I’m having the same problem others have mentioned~can’t see the pictures. I really miss seeing the store and your home your decorating is such an inspiration. I use a kindle not sure if that matters.

21. Amanda March 19, 2013 at 10:54 am #

Beautiful room! I say, leave the bed! It’s gorgeous as is!

22. tara March 19, 2013 at 1:54 pm #

oh my goodness…
    i love every single detail…
    this room might just be responsible for blowing up Pinterest. :)

23. elaine March 19, 2013 at 3:07 pm #

i like that it is girlie but not little girlie and she can grow into it and add her own touches! she is stylin already!

24. linda miller March 19, 2013 at 3:32 pm #

You can’t paint that bed! It’s such a great iron piece.
    My daughter’s bed is just like it (from early 80″s). Now her daughter has it.
    She also wanted to paint it but has since changed her mind.
    My grand daughter loves knowing that her bed was her mommy’s bed when she was a little girl. it’s priceless!

25. Denise T March 19, 2013 at 3:50 pm #

Beautiful walls, flooring, Everything blends beautifully

26. Kris March 19, 2013 at 8:53 pm #

It looks beautiful! I love the floors – you’ve done a wonderful job!

27. Kristine March 20, 2013 at 3:45 am #

Lovely Shaunna. The warm timber touches are just perfect! It has such a sweet vintage-y vibe.
    xoxo

28. Jenevieve March 20, 2013 at 6:48 am #

Absolutely beautiful! I love the color palette of pink/coral/blush and orange. I actually love the bed as-is. I like how it is mostly white but has a bit of shine from the gold/brass bars in the middle. I live in the UK where we don’t have Target, but maybe I can snag a few things online and ship them over :)

29. Caroline March 20, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

It looks beautiful. :-)

30. Melissa Dahl March 21, 2013 at 12:55 pm #

Where did you get the gorgeous white bedding? Lovely room!! Thanks.

31. Shirlee March 21, 2013 at 4:22 pm #

Love the walls! Did you write about how y’all did that?!

32. Jessica @ Dear Emmeline March 21, 2013 at 9:35 pm #

gorgeous! love Katie Daisy too! If I could I would have one of each of her prints! Really loving the Moroccan ottoman as well. All the colors are just perfect together!

33. Rose March 22, 2013 at 11:42 pm #

Hello, I love this room. Can you tell me where you got the first 2 decorative pillows in front of the bed and the orange foot rest? Thank you

34. Asheville Painting March 25, 2013 at 9:21 am #

The room is so cute and nice. I love it.

35. sarah k March 25, 2013 at 9:56 pm #

Absolutely LOVE this room. Great Job

36. Miriam April 11, 2013 at 5:55 pm #

This is my new fave girls room! Love the color combo along with the board and batten. Would you consider sharing where you got the bedding and curtains?

37. Tavia May 4, 2013 at 5:25 pm #

This is so beautiful!! What an amazing job you did. Absolutely fantastic!!!

38. Shirlee May 17, 2013 at 9:29 am #

Hey Shaunna! Did you do a blog post on how y’all did her walls? Can’t wait to see the reveal!!

39. kelly May 29, 2013 at 3:12 pm #

I just came across your blog and am really enjoying looking at all your posts. I love your little girl’s room. The all white with the color is my favorite. I’m already thinking about how I want to re do my 14 month olds room when she moves into a bed. Thanks for the inspiration. Kelly

40. kelly May 29, 2013 at 5:54 pm #

I’m just visiting your blog for the first time and am enjoying looking at your posts. Your daughter’s room looks great! I love the white with bright color. Thanks for your inspiration. Kelly

41. Serviced office rent in Singapore May 30, 2013 at 5:25 am #

This is a fantastic room decoration and I love it!!!!!!!

42. Flower Patch Farmgirl June 24, 2013 at 3:31 pm #

Swoon-a-rama!!!!

When can I move in?

• perfectlyimperfect June 24, 2013 at 5:57 pm #

lol, well, friend, YOU can move in anytime! I’ve been meaning to tell you how much I love your beautiful home (and of course, I’m always a fan of your heart).
      xoxo,