shop talk : new in the shop this week!

After the trip to market, we could hardly stand the anticipation for our largest order to come in to the shop.  We have several vendors, but one is certainly our favorite and I love working with them…we placed several orders at Market that were new to come in.  And boy, let me tell you, it was a tall order.

After Matt successfully unloaded all SEVEN pallets, it was time to begin unpacking, and tagging everything.  Listen, I had no idea what it would be like to receive hundreds of new items all in one day.  It turned into a 2 day event–I worked from 9 a.m.-10 p.m., and we had to call it a day–only to close on Tuesday just so Nat and I could finish.

In the end, it was worth it.  We unpacked it all (a HUGE, ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC thank you to Adam, Natalie, & Lori for their help!), tagged it, and began the giant task of styling it…

I could hardly wait to snap a bunch of pictures for you guys to see!

Oh, and P.S. the easiest way to inquire about a product until our online store is up and running (soon!) is to email us at orders@perfectlyimperfectblog.com.

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

This little five and dime store cabinet is the first thing you see when you enter the doors…I’m SUCH a fan of little compartments.

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

This is my throw pillow heaven.

Hold the brownies, give me pillows.

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

And I’ll have you know that Matt West himself styled that shelf on the far left.

Yep, ladies, he’s all mine.

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

I’m such a neutral gal, but pillows are where I go nuts–these are all such a breath of fresh air & color!

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

One of my favorite collections this spring we’re carrying…I love all of these little brass bits and pieces!

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

Salt and pepper cellar….and yes, those are beautiful, dainty spoons.  Aaaahh.

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

I think Natalie and I squealed when we saw these mini-tape measurers in the showroom.  Oh my word, you better believe one of these is in my bag right now.

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

I’m a sucker for twine and scissors anything.

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

The small boxwood preserved boxwood wreaths are a favorite–so beautiful and fresh.

And I can’t kill them, so that’s a plus.

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

I get excited over the smallest things…it’s all in the details.  I LOVE that vintage inspired clip stand you see there with the PI…love it.

New willow vases collection

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

And yes, those are one dozen beautiful green eggs that come in the cutest box ever.

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

Burlap ribbon by the yard

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

Flea market inspired platters & apothecary vases.

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

We’ve added some French touches here and there to juxtapose a little femininity with all of our rustic pieces.  I love the script paper lantern globe lights!

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

And the sheet music paper chain garland & the script wire ribbon.

And the Frenchy pillows.

Well, I love pretty much everything.

perfectly imperfect | shop | alabama home decor store

We, of course, still have a fully stocked Annie Sloan® line–and I’m not sure if I’ve shown them, and we carry her fabrics by the yard, too.  We’ve had great paint sales this month, and it’s been a ton of fun to help people tackle their projects after the holidays.

It was really an amazing moment to stand back and see how far the shop has come in only 3 short months.  We’re beyond blessed, and are SO excited about the fun things in store for this year.  We’re hoping to carry a bedding line, more small home-related gifts, publish a look book, grab a new Southern-based upholstery line, collaborate with local artists to design unique pieces, and offer a full line of design services.

Fun.  Stuff.

P.S.  Have I mentioned I love you guys for all the support & encouragement you’ve sent our way on this little journey?  Well, I do.  Thank you for sharing in such a special part in our lives.  You guys rock my socks off.

, , ,

34 Responses to shop talk : new in the shop this week!

1. Tracey February 6, 2013 at 7:27 am #

Everything looks so amazing! You have it displayed in such a gorgeous way too. I so wish I was close enough to come to your shop and buy lots of goodies. :)

2. designmixer February 6, 2013 at 8:07 am #

Bravo! Beautiful store, lovely products and great texture. So much luck in your business! Tijen

3. Cindy February 6, 2013 at 8:21 am #

Everything looks so beautiful, I’ve owned a shop for 6 years, and I still get so excited with every new shipment. Im glad you are lovin life!!!

4. Linda@Coastal Charm February 6, 2013 at 8:54 am #

The shop is looking sooooo good and it sounds like you are off to a great start…congrats!!

Blessings,
    Linda

5. Anna@agoodhome February 6, 2013 at 8:59 am #

Holy cow, that’s a whole lot of wonderful! :) I just love your styling! What fun!

6. Sausha @ Sweet Pickins February 6, 2013 at 9:11 am #

Everything looks so good – you have done an amazing job and it looks like you have put so much work into everything – i am sure you are very proud! I am loving that squatty little table with the chunky legs – must make one of those!! :)

7. Karmell February 6, 2013 at 9:16 am #

Congratulations, Shaunna and to all of your crew! Your store looks fabulous; actually quite dreamy, comfy, inspiring! We live up here in North Dakota…so it might take me awhile to get down to visit…but your store is definitely on my bucket list! Thank you for sharing these pics and your story. You know, you’re the one that got me picking up my paintbrush and using it more than I ever have after watching yourchalk paint tutorials. Then the painting transitioned into truly styling our home. I just finished my first rope-wrapped hourglass stool…in love with rope!!

Have a blessed week!
    Karmell

8. Linda Kay February 6, 2013 at 10:45 am #

Such a fabulous space with wonderful items! You have done an amazing job buying and styling! I can’t wait for you to start selling online!

9. Al February 6, 2013 at 10:47 am #

Lovely space! Everything looks right at home, the assortment of goodies… fantastic! Your store is sure to be a huge success :) -Al

10. Myra @ MyBlessedLife.net February 6, 2013 at 11:49 am #

I drool. I die. The end.

• perfectlyimperfect February 6, 2013 at 12:49 pm #

aw, friend, you make me smile sooo much as I trust your eye implicitly! thanks for making my day! :-)

11. Sherri February 6, 2013 at 12:23 pm #

Can I come work for you…I can dust and sweep floors…and learn and soak it all in and drool and be amazed and learn and…:) Beautiful!

12. rosann February 6, 2013 at 12:36 pm #

On line store please! I want so much, and have no way or anywhere that I am aware of to purchase these beauties.
    Many Blessings in your shop and most of all your sweet family.

R

13. whitney February 6, 2013 at 1:35 pm #

love this! will you have an online store? i hope so!

14. hannah February 6, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

Gorgeous! LOVE your stuff.

Don’t forget about the online store! :)

15. Marian February 6, 2013 at 3:15 pm #

7 pallets of stuff! Wow. I’d be in heaven until I realized how long it was going to tag. But snaps to you. It looks gorgeous. One of these days I’m gonna get down there.

16. Michelle February 6, 2013 at 3:37 pm #

Oh how I wish I could come hang out in your store for a while. Everything looks beautiful. Wonderful job of staging everything!

17. Lisa February 6, 2013 at 3:59 pm #

Ok, I’m buying a ticket to Alabama and coming to your store!!!! I adore EVERYTHING!!! The fabric is my absolute favorite!!!! Excellent displays!

18. Debbi February 6, 2013 at 4:15 pm #

I can’t wait for your online store! Everything is so beautiful. Great job, Shauna!

19. Denise T February 6, 2013 at 4:26 pm #

Oh, I wish I live closer to you so I can shop . I like everything!!!

20. Deb @Lake Girl Paints February 6, 2013 at 4:36 pm #

Best shop ever!
    Deb

21. Marti February 6, 2013 at 4:40 pm #

It all looks just beautiful!! So happy for you and I don’t even know you! :)

22. Janet Wehrer February 6, 2013 at 4:48 pm #

God has blessed you with so many talents and so many wonderful people in your life.

I am not going to be content until I come by your store and give you a hug.

• perfectlyimperfect February 8, 2013 at 10:25 am #

Well, ditto, Janet!!! Let’s definitely make that happen! :-)

23. baileywife February 6, 2013 at 7:06 pm #

THANK YOU….THANK YOU…..THANK YOU for showing us around your shop!!!!! And pillows are my favorite accessories, please tell me you steal stuff and “try it out” @ home? So happy it’s taking off for you!~ Kim

• perfectlyimperfect February 6, 2013 at 7:12 pm #

Ha! Just started that, Kim!!! I’ll be switching some things up in the living room soon with goodies from the shop–I can’t lie. I’m pumped. :-)

24. Stacey February 6, 2013 at 10:15 pm #

Everything looks amazing! You’ve done a great job choosing the items you’ll sell. I see lots of things I’d love to have.

25. Shelly Andrade February 7, 2013 at 2:30 am #

Shaunna, your store is fabulous! Every single detail ~ perfection!

26. maggie February 7, 2013 at 7:15 am #

I adOre your shop! Great styling.

27. Geri February 8, 2013 at 6:08 pm #

I am living my dream through you.
    Yeah!
    I love the way you photo style. So easy and natural looking.
    Now I just have to save money to fly, shop, revamp my home
    with all the goodies I love in your shop. Hugs.

28. amy February 9, 2013 at 8:31 pm #

Wow! Seriously beautiful!

Congrats!

29. Pam February 10, 2013 at 8:03 am #

I must take a road trip. You are only 3 hours away. These shots take my breath away. It’s as if you went into my head when you picked these things out for your shop.

30. Laura Bervig February 12, 2013 at 10:22 am #

Oh man…why do I have to live so cotton-pickin far away! Your store is absolutely heavenly! Sure you don’t want to move to Colorado???

31. Heather W March 5, 2013 at 9:40 pm #

Just playing catch up on your blog. I just had to tell you I was, out loud, oohing and aahing over your pictures. Next time I head south, I am surely detouring to your town!