working on ava’s room & our online shop

Good morning, lovelies!

We’ve been up to our eyeballs in projects around here, and I can’t wait to share some of them with you!  Between the actual work AND finding my good tripod, I’ve been on cloud nine.

Or twenty.

Or something good.

I’ve spent a good bit of time on Ava’s room lately…you know, the one we started 6 months ago?  We’re making the time to finish up, and I hope soon to begin our final projects for the space.

This shot above gives you a general feel for the room…sweet, vintage, coral-pink, and warm textures.  Aren’t those miniature furniture models amazing??? They’re cast iron, and are antiques themselves.

Matt and I found them while digging through an antique mall outside of Nashville.  They’re such a perfect little sit-about and will be used for Ava’s dollhouse and for decor. The drawers work and everything… I’m sort of obsessed with them!

Speaking of the gal, she has gotten fairly sassy these days…and has become such a pleasure (most of the time) to parent & to spend time with.  And we thank her Aunt Sara for most of her really cute clothes.

photo SMILEY_FACE_1.jpg

***************************

In other news, our online shop should be opening within the next two weeks!!!  We’re absolutely thrilled to make it all available to you guys…our Facebook friends have made it clear that we need to hurry it up!!

Matt has been working furiously every night, and I’ve been shooting pics and working on which items we should feature and ship first.  We have several hundred items in inventory, so we’re trying to start a tad smaller than that, if you know what I’m sayin’.

Baby steps, friends.

photo SMILEY_FACE_1.jpg

, ,

12 Responses to working on ava’s room & our online shop

1. Jamie Samuel March 6, 2013 at 5:09 pm #

I was so excited to see the room where it said “above shot” but I don’t see one?….did I miss something. The Ava Room link is of you guys installing the floors correct? I didn’t know if there was another pic that was supposed to be included in the post.

2. Bambi Mayer March 6, 2013 at 5:14 pm #

I am having the same issue. I’ve never had problems seeing you pics before.

3. Jamie Rowe March 7, 2013 at 7:39 am #

Oh my word, Ava looks so big in that pic. My daughter is the same age as Ava and would probably be great friends. They have the same awesome fashion sense and the same sassy spirit,

4. Marsha March 7, 2013 at 8:31 am #

Hug that sweet baby 100 times a day–they grow up too fast! Looking forward to visiting your store. I’m a Troy grad. and love the memories I have from my time there. I’m ready for some shopping memories, now!

5. Shirley March 7, 2013 at 9:42 am #

Can’t see a photo either – what are we doing wrong?

• perfectlyimperfect March 11, 2013 at 5:32 pm #

Hey Shirley! Try unblocking photo bucket (where the pics are stored)…or maybe clearing your cache? :-)

6. Bed shop in Romford March 7, 2013 at 11:36 am #

You have beautiful daughter, Very nice picture but i didn’t found Room picture??

7. Tiffini March 7, 2013 at 3:58 pm #

i’m all for baby steps:)
    can’t wait
    your girl is edible btw
    wishing i could have a coffee but can’t…:(
    so random…have a sweet evening…xo

8. jessica@fourgenerationsoneroof March 7, 2013 at 8:45 pm #

Cute little sassy girl :) Looking forward to seeing your online shop!

9. Amber March 7, 2013 at 9:58 pm #

I’m also having an issue viewing your pictures. I would love to see Ava’s room:)

• perfectlyimperfect March 11, 2013 at 5:31 pm #

Hey Amber! Try unblocking Photobucket…that’s where the pics are stored. Or maybe clearing your cache? :-)

10. linda March 13, 2013 at 5:05 pm #

hi girlfriend….i have never had a problem either…..but now i can not see any of your photos…make’s me think its not on our end but something change on your end…i don’t have this problem with anyones blog but yours….can you get with your server and see what happened…thanks…i dont want to miss a thing…….i see photobuckets photo’s on everyone else’s blogs…..