Shop Talk: Spring has Sprung

Well, it’s been a wonderful couple of weeks at the shop…there’s been a buzz in my brain for some marketing & fun events we have coming up (more on that at the end of our post).

shop talk | perfectly imperfect

We have infused some spring touches in the shop, and I wanted you to see what we’ve been up to.  We now have a line of natural housewares (glass & surface cleaner, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, scented clothespins, etc.).  I never imagined carrying them–but if you can believe it, my husband pointed them out to me when he stumbled on their website.

He fell in love with the packaging (top 2 shelves)…and the scents like Summer House, Beach Days, Lavender, & Pure Grass.

And I fell in love with Matt all over again when he spoke the words, “awesome packaging.”

We also got in our natural guest soaps by Lucia…and well, they’re beautifully packaged, too.  They smell heavenly, and a few of them will be making their way into our guest bath very soon.

Spring has officially sprung in the shop, and I was ready to put a few looks together…

shop talk | perfectly imperfect

It is so beautiful in the afternoon light, so I snapped a few quick pictures for you then.

We started with our new spring Cake papers…LOVE those butterfly placemats.  And I’m obsessed with preserved boxwood right now, so we used one of our mini wreaths to make a little candle/egg centerpiece.

shop talk | perfectly imperfect

Remember the birch tubes we used during the holidays?  They are gorgeous paired with the new faux hydrangeas…I can’t get enough of a birch tube vase.

shop talk | perfectly imperfect

shop talk | perfectly imperfect

Speaking of obsessed….these eggs come by the dozen in little egg cartons…oh. my. word.

shop talk | perfectly imperfect

The rest of the shop is rearranged weekly, which I love because we keep lots of browsers.  People get to come in to see what’s new or styled differently.  Those are my favorite kinds of places to shop, so we’ll always switch things up as much as we can.

shop talk | perfectly imperfect

How stinkin’ cute would that chalkboard dresser be in a little one’s room??  I’ve had many thoughts of bringing one home, but tsk, tsk, I can’t bring it all home.

Sadly.

So very sadly.

We’ve gotten in a bunch of new Cake paper placemats, notepads, and table runners….I LOVE the new red checked, butterfly, & elephant parade for the little ones to color.

Have I told you I’m a SUCKER for paper products?

Journals, these placemats, scrapbook paper, scrap paper, paper pin wheels….

photo elephant_parade_cake_papers_zpsafa2e8e9.jpg

Hi.  My name is Shaunna & I’m a paperaholic.

Admittedly.

photo dash_pillows_zpscaca31fc.jpg

Our new Dash & Albert pillows are in…and these are an incredible deal & I might enjoy those stripes.  And yes, this will all be available online…I know I keep saying soon, but it really is. SO. soon!!!

***********************************************

Speaking of soon, here’s something for you guys to look forward to….

photo pallet_wall_zps757eee15.jpg

That’s right!

We’re having a good ole fashioned Vintage & Handmade Market, May 10-12, here at Perfectly Imperfect.  The whole shop will shut down the day or two before, and we’ll load in tons of vintage & handmade creations & transform it into a shabby wonderland.  Old furniture, vintage finds, handmade creations by us…and by those you know and love.

How about Tiffini at the House of Belonging???  Y’all.  I’m obsessed with this girl & her work.

Actually, she and I have been working on designing some signs that will be sold exclusively at PI.  More on that later–the point is she’ll be coming to our market & bringing loads of her signs with her!  And we may have a few more folks coming to visit us, too.

There will be lots and lots of painted furniture by yours truly, and one of kind art made from vintage goodness.  There will also be lots of shop deals & specials, and a few giveaways, too.

Have I mentioned the free cotton candy machine?!?

Next door, Chelsea at E + Me will have fun stuff for the kiddos like a lemonade stand & face painting…it’s just going to be a grand time & I’m already sketching out the layout and painting furniture  in my head.

photo SMILEY_FACE_1.jpg
We hope you’ll plan a little trip to see us, and if you can’t make it, I’ll be posting pictures all along the way.

Have a great Thursday, y’all!

, , ,

23 Responses to Shop Talk: Spring has Sprung

1. Sherry March 14, 2013 at 9:05 am #

I love the look of your shop! My dream is to have a shop like that in my neighborhood, but rents are so steep I am afraid to commit. I love the floor and the walls, so beautiful and the beautiful you have on display.

2. Meg March 14, 2013 at 9:19 am #

I love the posts about your store. It is the picture view of the brick and mortar in my head that I am working towards. It is a walk in the door and hum to yourself kind of place.
    I am a recent follower here and on instagram.
    That green flower pillow and the eggs. oh my i want.
    GORGEOUS!

3. Kate March 14, 2013 at 10:16 am #

I can’t see any images in this post. I am viewing from a pc on internet explorer. Just fyi in case there is a problem.

4. Jessi March 14, 2013 at 11:05 am #

I need one of those grain sack purses/totes! Too cute! I love your store — thanks so much for the inspiration!

Jessi

5. Lisa M March 14, 2013 at 3:02 pm #

I just love the chalkboard dresser! But, not for a little one…for my husband!!!

6. Angie March 14, 2013 at 3:11 pm #

Ooohhing and Aaahhing! I so wish I lived near you. I just love your shop and can’t wait for it to go online! It all looks so amazing. :)

7. Diane Westbrook March 14, 2013 at 4:01 pm #

Drat, drat…I can see and read what you have written but no matter what I do, I am not able to see any pictures and I really really want to see all the new things in the shop..please help!

8. Rochelle W. March 14, 2013 at 4:09 pm #

Oh man, I NEED that pillow in the 4th photo. I’m in love!!

9. Faye Rainbolt March 14, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

I can’t see any pictures either. They sound wonderful. and I like all your things on fb, but no pictures here. Drat, drat…too.

10. Megan March 14, 2013 at 5:03 pm #

I was able to find pictures today, but often they don’t come up for me either. Sometimes it takes forever to download the blog site. Can’t figure out, but has happened ever since you changed to your new format to avoid people copying your work. Bummer because I often have to delete the post because I just don’t have the time to wait for it. I use Internet explorer on Microsoft. Also all the wording is on the far left side. Ok just curious cuz I love your stuff and miss following. Thanks

11. Amy R. March 14, 2013 at 6:00 pm #

I just am in LOVE with your store and that linen duvet cover on the bed! I would like to come to the spring market if it’s not too far from Atlanta. What is your store called? I will look up the directions and maybe plan a trip.
    Thanks!
    Amy

12. Tiffini March 14, 2013 at 8:00 pm #

eeekkkkk! i am so stinkin excited i can hardly contain myself…already thinking of some new stuff to create to bring
    that chalkboard is amazing…you have me at beach days and summer house!
    your store is taking shape SO much..it is looking beautiful
    can’t wait to see it and YOU in person
    makin my lists…wink
    xo

• Glenda Childers March 18, 2013 at 6:36 am #

Ah, Tiffani, It is easy for me to picture your beautiful work in this lovely store. Wish it was closer … I would love to pop over.

Fondly,
      Glenda

13. Kim March 14, 2013 at 8:14 pm #

Hi Shaunna!
    I don’t know if you had a problem with your pictures from reading your previous posts…but you’ve obviously fixed it now… those are BEAUTIFUL pictures! I am most DEFINITELY going to get down to your shop again sometime! I only wish that I hadn’t gotten there too late to look around when I came down from Fayetteville, TN for your painting class. NOW I have a GREAT excuse to come back… for your Vintage Market! :)
    I’m looking forward to coming back down!

14. Kim March 14, 2013 at 8:20 pm #

Hi Shaunna!
    Those are BEAUTIFUL pictures! I am most DEFINITELY going to get down to your shop again sometime! I only wish that I hadn’t gotten there too late to look around when I came down from Fayetteville, TN for your painting class. WELL worth the 5 hour drive, I might add!

NOW I have a GREAT excuse to come back… for your Vintage Market! :)
    I’m looking forward to coming back down!

15. Allison Hunter March 14, 2013 at 10:04 pm #

OK, I am asking for this trip for my birthday. Keep your fingers crossed, and tell me what I can bring you from Texas!!

16. Mary Cardini-Anderson March 15, 2013 at 12:56 am #

I enjoyed looking at your shop it is absolutely wonderful.I love the Easter Eggs what lovely colors.

Mary

17. Francine Melder March 15, 2013 at 6:39 am #

I can’t see the beautiful pics on my iPad either! :( I sooooooo want to get my eye candy fix! Please help!

18. Carolyn March 15, 2013 at 11:46 am #

Your excitement and love for what you are doing comes through loud and clear in your descriptions and photos. Such a beautiful shop. Good for you!

19. linda March 15, 2013 at 2:41 pm #

oh goodie goodie….i can see your pictures……it is always a treat for me to see everything you do…..you’ve got my style and i come in for my favorite fix as often as i can….wish i was closer…..i would be into your shop a lot…..hubby would not be happy though…..i could buy lots there….

20. Jeff March 21, 2013 at 2:33 pm #

I love the site, but I have to tell you we have fallen in love with that chalkboard dresser. I honestly don’t think I have seen anything quite like it before. My daughter watches a show on Disney called “Good Luck Charlie”, and that family has a chalkboard fridge she loves, she would be gaga over this. Thanks!!:)