The Grand Opening Details!!!!

Boy, have I missed y’all.

I’ve never quite found a level of busy like this.  We have literally worked around the clock, and now, finally, we are breathing again.

Perfectly Imperfect shop Grand Opening

All the time, energy, and work is already paying off, and I could honestly not wait any longer to share pictures with you!  I’ll snap some from the outside tonight, and shoot some full-room shots, too.

Until then, I’ll snap a pic between customers, and blog in between some more….which is a good problem to have, I know.

Perfectly Imperfect shop Grand Opening

It was really important to me to carry items I would immediately put into our home, both new and old.

Perfectly Imperfect shop Grand Opening

It’s funny, people keep asking if I’m going to do any painted pieces in here, and I kind of love that my pieces are blending in with the new ones.  That’s how I’d want it to be in our home, right?

Perfectly Imperfect shop Grand Opening

We honestly had no plans to have customers before the 10th,  and have been pleasantly surprised at the drop-in traffic this week.  Our first sale was on Monday, waayyy before the shop became presentable!

Perfectly Imperfect shop Grand Opening

Perfectly Imperfect shop Grand Opening

Perfectly Imperfect shop Grand Opening

We did a little winter wonderland window decking, too, and I’ll tell you all about that soon!

Perfectly Imperfect shop Grand Opening

How adorable (and functional) are those spools of scissors and twine?!?

And the Christmas, oh, the Christmas…

Perfectly Imperfect shop Grand Opening

Perfectly Imperfect shop Grand Opening

We’ve got a major day of fun tomorrow for the Grand Opening:

We’re giving away all sorts of goodies like Perfectly Imperfect t-shirts, MMS Milk Paint, Chalk Paint, gift coupons, and lots of other fun stuff!!  If you’re in town or know someone in the Troy, Alabama, area, come on in and sign up!  A lot of you guys have asked…Our address is 52 East Court Square, Troy, AL. 36081.  Let me know what you think…can’t wait to share more with you and hope to give some of you a neck hug tomorrow!!!

Photobucket

57 Responses to The Grand Opening Details!!!!

1. Kara November 9, 2012 at 12:58 pm #

Everything looks just gorgeous! It looks like such a fun place to shop. If I lived a little closer to your neck of the woods, I’d be there in a heartbeat!

• Nedetria Talbot November 9, 2012 at 5:41 pm #

I so enjoyed seeing everything and getting a little shopping done yesterday. The name of the shop may be Perfectly Imperfect but the shop is PERFECT. and how blessed am I? I live just a few miles away.
      Praying God’s richest blessings on you, your family and your new business.

2. Shauna Oberg November 9, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

Congratulations Shaunna. The shop looks amazing- you must be so excited (and exhausted)!

3. Blissful Duo November 9, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

Love it all! So proud for you and cant wait to see more pictures!!

4. Alexis November 9, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

So gorgeous I can’t stand it…you have created my DREAM shop!

5. Maria Ward November 9, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

It’s been wonderful reading about your journey and looking at all the photos. The store looks amazing! I wish you much success!!

6. Rebecca Bemrich November 9, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

Everything looks beautiful! Wish I lived closer so I could do some shopping!!

7. Terri November 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

Just beautiful! Your grand opening will be fabulous – take it all in and remember to breathe. Happy Day!!!

8. Shanna Gilbert November 9, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

Good luck tomorrow!

9. DebZorn November 9, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

Your store is a “perfect” reflection of you! It’s beautiful. I’ve loved following your journey. Thanks for sharing it all.

10. Debbie Fitz November 9, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

Oh Shauna, how lovely!!! I wish I lived closer to come visit and shop!! So beautiful, I look forward to more pictures.

Best Wishes,
    Debbie

11. Pamela November 9, 2012 at 1:35 pm #

Oh! Wish I lived near you so I could see the shop. You’ve done a beautiful job and I know all of your hard work will pay off!

12. Vesna November 9, 2012 at 1:38 pm #

Congratulations Shaunna! Shop looks so lovely!
    Wish you a grand opening tomorow and fabulous day!!
    Hugs,

Vesna

13. Kim in Iowa November 9, 2012 at 2:24 pm #

Question for you – what brand is that sofa in the picture above? Love the look of it! Wish I lived closer so I could come see your new place. Maybe someday! Congrats!

14. Meagan November 9, 2012 at 2:41 pm #

Wow! I am so excited for you! I just adore your tree! It’s a nod to my cotton-farming Dad. What a cute idea!

15. Kim a. November 9, 2012 at 3:37 pm #

It is sooooo gorgeous and I am sooooo heartbroken I live way in ny because I want one of everything in there! Best wishes for your grand opening! Looks like it’s bound for huge success!!

16. Kate P. November 9, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

I’m drooling…can we buy online? As a Brit living here, I am eyeing up that Union Jack pillow! Congratulations Shaunna on your success and thank you for inspiring us.

17. julie November 9, 2012 at 4:23 pm #

What a beautiful store. Wish you sooooo much success!

18. linda miller November 9, 2012 at 4:26 pm #

Best wishes and prayers too are being sent your way.
    Your pictures are great and can’t wait to see more.
    Congratulation Shaunna!

19. Deb Owen November 9, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

Absolutely Fabulous! Wish I was closer, or you were closer. Best of luck!

20. Jeni @ Restoring Piece November 9, 2012 at 4:38 pm #

Your very own Pottery Barn!!!! EEEPPPP! Shaunna, I just LOVE it! Way to go, Ladybug!

21. Heather November 9, 2012 at 4:57 pm #

Gorgeous. You should be so proud!!! All the hard and look at what you have created!!! Amazing! Your vision to reality!!!

22. janet metzger November 9, 2012 at 5:03 pm #

Hello Shaunna,

The shop looks fabulous!!!! All your hard work has paid off in spades…so very proud of you and Matt (and the helpers).
    Enjoy Opening Day and remember to BREATHE!!!!

Janet xox
    The Empty Nest

23. Denise November 9, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

Gorgeous ! Wish I could visit down there .

24. Kaaren@growingyourpassions November 9, 2012 at 5:24 pm #

Thank you for including your address. I can’t tell you how often I read a wonderful blog with pictures or snippets about an upcoming show or Open House and they fail to mention where it will take place. They don’t even give you the town much less an address. It has turned out looking great and I know what work it takes to get a shop up and going. I wish you the very best on your venture. Take a deep breath and enjoy your official Opening Day. Kaaren

25. Kayla C November 9, 2012 at 5:40 pm #

Oh my gosh. Your shop makes me swoon. Love all the big and small details. Just googled it and you are a 17 hour drive from me. Made we want to cry. No chance you setting up something online is there ;)
    Congrats. All your hard work has really paid off

26. Danielle November 9, 2012 at 5:48 pm #

Shaunna, it looks fantastic. Congratulations on the new shop. Love it all! Danielle x

27. Deb Martell November 9, 2012 at 5:56 pm #

Sooooooooo wish I lived close!!!

28. aussiebeachgirl November 9, 2012 at 6:09 pm #

Shaunna, your shop is just the most creative, inspirational and fun place I’ve ever seen! Here’s wishing you heaps of success and happy times in your new abode. I heart it! heather x

29. Nancy @ Sea Rose Cottage November 9, 2012 at 6:10 pm #

I can’t believe how much you have all done in such a short period of time! Good luck tomorrow and enjoy all that you have worked so hard to achieve.

30. Lana Hardwick November 9, 2012 at 6:14 pm #

My friend and I are driving down to see your shop, tomorrow….see you then…..

31. Nancy@Artsy Chicks Rule November 9, 2012 at 6:28 pm #

Everything looks so great! Really!
    I wish I lived closer so I could come and see it all in person!! I also googled just for the heck of it!! 13 hours, a little too far for a “day” trip. Know it will be fabulous. Enjoy!!

32. liane November 9, 2012 at 6:53 pm #

Everything looks great. Wish I could be there. Great Success to you.

33. jessica@fourgenerationsoneroof November 9, 2012 at 7:43 pm #

You have been busy! Good luck tomorrow :)

34. April November 9, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

AMAZING! How cool to have so many pretty things all together. I so wish I could come see your shop in real life – instead I will *patiently* wait to see more pictures. Thank you so much for sharing this journey with all of us.

35. Treva Worthington November 10, 2012 at 12:09 am #

I’ll take one of everything….oh if money were no object! So amazing! I have become such a big fan of yours! Seeing you bring the shop together has really inspired me and given me my own dreams and goals to reach for! My garage is already full of furniture to paint. Congratulations and wishing you much success on this journey!

36. Mary Lynn brackin. November 10, 2012 at 3:21 am #

Came by Thursday and looked around! Wow! You should be so proud. Everything looked great. So proud for you, and wish you much success,

37. Lisa E November 10, 2012 at 3:57 am #

Congrats, the shop looks fab!

38. Jenny November 10, 2012 at 5:54 am #

Looks great Shaunna – love the Chrissy things – well done & enjoy.

Jenny
    French A La Beach
    & La Maison Belle Homewares

39. Donna November 10, 2012 at 6:18 am #

I will be thinking about you and wishing you lots of luck on your grand opening today. I live in Montgomery and will definitely make may way over to see you as soon as I can! So happy for you and your family.

40. Cindy Jenkins {Jenkins Kid Farm} November 10, 2012 at 6:42 am #

There’s only one problem here, YOU’RE NOT IN ARIZONA!!! I’m adoring every bit of your shop! All the best with your Grand Opening!!!

p.s. I put real cotton plants on my tree every year too. My husband is a cotton farmer. :)

41. Beth Magness November 10, 2012 at 6:48 am #

Congratulations Shaunna and Matt! Must include Matt! I can’t wait to come peak around and cheer you guys on during your Grand Opening. The photos look winderful. I have a feeling it’s going to feel more like “Perfectly Perfect” Isn’t that what Mary Poppins says? Or is it “Practically Perfect” – that’s it. In any case, I hope this day brings you many blessed memories and see you soon!

42. Bliss November 10, 2012 at 8:10 am #

Exciting times for you. Thanks for taking me along for the remodel.

Bliss

43. Deb Deaton November 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm #

Congratulations Shauna and Matt!! You store looks amazing from your photos and hard work. I am praying that God will continue to bless you with the growth of your new business and continued success. Wish I lived close, I would be at your Grand Opening! God Bless you both.

44. Ana marie November 10, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

Blessings and prosperity.

45. Jessica Singletary November 10, 2012 at 4:46 pm #

Is that a cotton garland??? And I love the burlap ribbon!

46. Elisa @ Fancyfreeme November 10, 2012 at 7:35 pm #

looking forward to more pics! I wish I were closer, because I’d totally be in there!!

47. Kate P. November 10, 2012 at 9:35 pm #

Can we buy online? In love with Union Jack pillows…as a Brit living here :) Congratulations Shaunna, keep inspiing us!

48. Laura November 10, 2012 at 11:26 pm #

Hi! I stopped by the store today. I am not a blog reader, but, a regular peruser of the antiques store. I just wanted to tell you: 1- AWESOME. The store is super! 2-Congratulations! The store looked great & your grand opening was a fun time! 3-How cool was the square on Saturday!?!?! We live in a super fantastic town! Thanks for all of your hard work.

49. Tonya @ Love of Family & Home November 11, 2012 at 6:37 am #

It looks AMAZING Shaunna!! I LOVE those lanterns sitting in the window with the Christmas tree!!!

50. Martha Garrett November 11, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

Congratulations Shaunna, your shop and inventory is great. So many pretty things.
    I;m sorry I live so far, but I enjoy the pictures. I love the Christmas items. Can I buy on line?

Let me know,

Love

Martha

51. Phebe Mott November 12, 2012 at 10:20 am #

So you’ll be opening a shop in Vermont soon, then, right?

52. Mercedes November 12, 2012 at 11:24 am #

WOW!!! CONGRATULATIONS! Will your store be online? It looks just beautiful. Good luck and god bless. Always keep us posted!

53. Lomr November 13, 2012 at 6:21 pm #

The store looks amazing, hope you open an online store as well.

54. Cristina November 16, 2012 at 10:26 am #

Congratulations and good luck!!
    I’d have passwd by, but Spain isn’t very close to drive from ;-)
    XOXO,
    CRIS

55. Sallie November 28, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

I love the natural cotton garland on the tree. Is that something you sell in your store, or could you tell me where you found it? I live in NC and I think that it is beautiful on the tree!!

56. Cindy Barganier December 7, 2012 at 8:04 pm #

I am SO,SO,So pumped!. I just discovered you, love the look of your store and was prepared to find out it was 500 miles away. What a happy that you are less than an hour away. I will be visiting!
    xoxo