day 14: the flooring is done!

Remember that beautiful flooring??

31 Days to OPEN | perfectly imperfect

Well, once we got all of this swept up…

31 Days to OPEN | perfectly imperfect

We moved on to the floor.

Here’s where I MUST fall on my knees to thank Natalie and Eddie Ray.

While we resumed life for a week, they’ve kept the ball rolling at the shop & we couldn’t have pulled anything off without them.

Oh, who’s Eddie Ray?

31 Days to OPEN | perfectly imperfect

That would be this guy…and he and his buds have laid the floor in just a few days.

Y’all, that’s almost 3,000 square feet in a few days–nothing short of AMAZING!  Natalie has been sending us updates all along, and I thought you might like to see them…

31 Days to OPEN | perfectly imperfect

31 Days to OPEN | perfectly imperfect

We still have to do the finish work like baseboards & shoe molding, but you can get the general idea.

31 Days to OPEN | perfectly imperfect

31 Days to OPEN | perfectly imperfect

It’s coming along, right??

We can’t wait to get home & see it (and shoot it!) in person.  There’s plenty left to do, but most of the really big stuff, is done.  On the docket for next week is final painting (you didn’t think we were leaving those pink doors, did ya?), the chalkboard wall, waxing, more cleaning, and creating a fabric “wall” in the back to hang on either side of the huge built-ins.

Oh, and it’s time to build the shop counter.

Exciting stuff.

*******************************

This post was written in a 31 day series, 31 Days to OPEN (our shop).  Click the button below to see all the posts.

, ,

13 Responses to day 14: the flooring is done!

1. Carrie ~ The Corson Cottage October 14, 2012 at 7:30 am #

Looking good!!! Can’t wait to see the finished product. I would love to know what kind of flooring that is? Where did you find it? We are renovating our house & I LOVE that floor!

• Tammy October 14, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

She said what the flooring was in an earlier post that was titled something like “flooring has arrived.” It’s from Lumber Liquidators.

• perfectlyimperfect October 14, 2012 at 4:15 pm #

Hey Carrie! The words “beautiful flooring” are linked to the flooring… we love it, too!

2. Baileywife October 14, 2012 at 8:07 am #

VERY EXCITING STUFF!!!!~Kim

3. Sandra October 14, 2012 at 9:19 am #

Fabric wall! Have sewing machine–will travel.

4. Stephanie October 14, 2012 at 1:22 pm #

Wow, your place is going to look amaaazing!!!

5. Betsy(@coastal-colors) October 14, 2012 at 3:46 pm #

Wow, this is looking amazing! I know you must be exhausted! Your hard work is already paying off big time! I’m so excited for you!

6. Tiffini October 14, 2012 at 7:43 pm #

Looks good…can’t wait to see it all together. What fun enjoying your dream coming true..thank you for letting us come along:)
    ..xo

7. Ann vonBehrens October 14, 2012 at 8:16 pm #

Shaunna, I am so inspired by your journey. I have been out of the loop for a while and just read your first 14 days. I have several booths at antique malls and have been thinking about becoming a stockist for Chalk Paint but haven’t had the courage to make a move on it. I would someday love to open my own shop, keep writing and I will keep reading and maybe I will get brave enough to live that dream.

8. Heidi @ browneyedgirlygirl October 15, 2012 at 11:30 am #

WOW! The floor is amazing! And with that whitewashed brick! Chills! Can’t wait to see the finished product!!!

9. JenO October 16, 2012 at 7:18 am #

Looks great! I can’t wait to see the counter. It is the very heart of the shop!

10. Jessica @ Dear Emmeline October 18, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

somehow I missed this post. The floor looks great! I love whitewashed wood!

11. Kelly November 5, 2012 at 6:20 am #

Yeah the flooring looks great, really nice color (and it goes well with your blog:).