Day 1: 31 Days to OPEN

Thanks for coming to read 31 Days to OPEN our new shop!  I hope you’ll scroll down to read day 1, and here is the rest of the series…

Day 2: the why

Day 3: the what

Day 4: the list

Day 5: the heart

Day 6: the end of week 1 & the habit

Day 7: the crazies

Day 8: the thorns in my side

Day 9: the flooring arrived!

Day 10: the ceiling issue

Day 11: the profit

Day 12: life, resumed

Day 13: the ceiling progress

Day 14: the flooring is done!

Day 15: the boxes

Day 16: the confessions of an old shop renovator

Day 17: the inside scoop on Market

Days 18 & 19: the paint colors

Day 20: the brick wall trim, the pitch fork, & the body parts

Day 21: the day I recharged & dreamed big

Day 22: the shop counter

Day 23: the new schedule

Day 24: the pillows

Day 25: the pinecones

Day 26: the time I lost 2 days & couldn’t upload pictures

Day 27: the styling & the Grand Opening date

Day 28: the community & the shop at night

**************************

Well, after writing a seriously touching and poignant post (I thought) about the imperfections in life, I decided to change my 31 days topic.

It’s not that I didn’t want to write about those beautiful imperfections, but my brain and my heart is pretty occupied with opening the shop right now.  I’m excited by it, terrified of it, intimidated, thrilled, nervous, inspired.

Because of this, and because a ton of Facebook votes, I’m changing my topic…

31 Days to OPEN | Perfectly Imperfect

It’s lofty at this point, but I would LOVE to open the shop/studio on November 1.  That gives me roughly 31 days to get it ALL done.  And there’s a LOT to do.  I thought it would be a blast to share all of the ins and outs, the ups and downs of getting this place going.

What do you say??

I’m not sure it will actually happen in 31 days…we are waiting on several things from the landlord, etc. that are totally out of our control.  BUT….we did get a key today.

And that means I can begin the work I need to get done.  Or, more accurately, the work that Natalie, Anna Lauson, (sometimes) Matt, and I need to get done.

31 Days to OPEN | Perfectly Imperfect

inside the shop, before.  some of you have asked: yes, the clothes are from the old shop–all leaving us. :-)

It’s actually really exciting to me to share it all with you–this will simply be another part of this online journal that is our life.

So thankful to have each of you along for the ride!

**linking this to the Nester’s 31 Days

, , ,

39 Responses to Day 1: 31 Days to OPEN

1. Jenn @ One Thrifty Chick September 30, 2012 at 3:40 pm #

I cannot wait to see the transformation!! How exciting for you!! :) Cheering you on…. it will be the most rewarding 31 days ever!!

2. ashley @ the handmade home September 30, 2012 at 3:53 pm #

Awesome topic. Go you! I can’t wait to read all about it. Maybe I should do 31 days to self published. Day 1: I’m Day 2: Hitting Day 3: My Day 4: head Day 5: against Day 6: the Day 7: keyboard. Now I guess we see why that wouldn’t work. ;} HAHA Can’t wait to see what you do! ;}

3. Sandra September 30, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

Tighten your seat belts– it looks like a wild ride ahead. Looking forward to it.

4. Meike September 30, 2012 at 4:58 pm #

You are such an inspiration, Shaunna! Can’t wait to read how things are going. Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes as smoothly as possible ;-)

• perfectlyimperfect October 2, 2012 at 6:01 am #

Thanks, Meike! I’m sure they won’t, but we’ll go with it. ;-)

5. ritajoy@harbour breeze September 30, 2012 at 6:51 pm #

Oh, Yippee! I’m so excited with this topic, and thrilled beyond words that we can experience this exciting adventure with you for the next 31 days!

• perfectlyimperfect October 2, 2012 at 6:03 am #

Thanks, Ritajoy!!! I’m so thankful you guys want to know about it all–it’ll be so much fun to record the process!

6. boomerang jane September 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm #

Hi from Australia!! New to your blog and loving it!! Popping over from East Coast Creative (my other new wonderful discovery). I’m so very excited for your new venture. I wish I was closer so I could visit the shop when it’s open…in 31 days (we have faith in you!!). Cheers, Kylee xx

• perfectlyimperfect October 2, 2012 at 6:05 am #

Thank you, Kylee! SO glad y’all do–it’s definitely a daunting task, but we’re just trying to tackle a little bit everyday.

7. Alima September 30, 2012 at 8:11 pm #

So exciting! Congrats!
    My husband and I have moved our business 3 times in 3 years so I know the feeling! it’s a lot of work, but it will all be so worth it when you see your finished product!!

• perfectlyimperfect October 2, 2012 at 6:06 am #

Awesome, Alima! Good to know–I know someone out there has gone where I haven’t…thank you for sharing…and for reading!

8. Erin September 30, 2012 at 8:21 pm #

You have been such an inspiration to me and a motivator in pursuing my dream of starting my own business! Exciting to see your success. Thank you.

• perfectlyimperfect October 2, 2012 at 6:07 am #

Go for it, Erin!! Be passionate, work hard, PRAY more than anything, and go for it. Good for you!

9. Anna@agoodhome September 30, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

Want me to drive over there to help with set up? ‘Cause I totally will :)

10. Lisa October 1, 2012 at 6:00 am #

Fun to watch this unfold!!

11. Caryn October 1, 2012 at 6:47 am #

We just opened our little resale shop in a business park – Grand Opening was this weekend! — I will be following your adventure closely as I hope to follow your steps into a ‘real’ shop in a year or so….there is a LOT to do before opening but YOU CAN DO IT!!! and it will be beautifully done — good luck with eveything :)

• perfectlyimperfect October 2, 2012 at 6:10 am #

Thanks, Caryn! That’s exciting for y’all, too! Good luck to ya!

12. Debbie Fitz October 1, 2012 at 8:12 am #

How exciting!! Enjoy the journey…you are an inspiration to many.
    Thank you for sharing.

13. Dixie Redmond October 1, 2012 at 9:45 am #

What you decide NOT TO DO in this next 31 days is as important as what you decide TO DO. Good luck. I like your new topic!

14. Stephanie October 1, 2012 at 9:53 am #

So excited for you and can’t wait to watch the transformation! :-)

15. Jamie Rowe October 1, 2012 at 11:52 am #

So excited to be a part of your journey. I will be cheering you on from Ohio, wished I live closer so I could shop.

16. Christy October 2, 2012 at 7:10 am #

Can’t wait to visit your new shop (hopefully, in 31 days!)

P.S. I bought my shoes for Prom from Oliver’s— memories. :)

17. Beth October 2, 2012 at 4:39 pm #

I think your change of topic is very fitting and will be so fun to follow along.

18. Jenny October 3, 2012 at 6:30 am #

So excited for you!

19. sarah October 3, 2012 at 10:43 pm #

There’s nothing like a ‘deadline’ to motivate me to get stuff done around here… so I think this is a great idea!

Thanks for sharing the process with us – it will be fascinating!

20. sarah October 3, 2012 at 10:44 pm #

I myself have been wanting to start a blog for the past year or so… I’ve decided October is the month to do one thing each day to get this idea happening, and although I won’t be posting about it (since you kinda need a blog to do that) I am finding the motivation helpful!

Again, all the best. :)

21. kelly arent (copper roof interiors llc) October 5, 2012 at 8:35 am #

I’m so excited to be following along on this ride! Hope you can feel everyone’s excitment for you!!!

22. Gretchen Neal October 9, 2012 at 9:22 am #

So glad you are posting this exciting new chapter in your life. I am battling nudges for something bigger and exciting in my life using the talents God has so graciously blessed me with. I’m enjoying your story and praying for much deserved success and happy exciting times ahead for you!

23. nonni October 24, 2012 at 8:32 pm #

I can’t wait to see it this weekend, but even more so, I can’t wait to see my Grayson & my Ava! I’m wondering if all that beautiful furniture we bought on our little antiquing expedition has been refinished? Especially the gorgeous buffet!!! Can’t wait to see my Matt and my Shaunna too!!
    Love,