The Handbuilt Home by Ana White & a Project

I’m so excited to share something with you…actually, I’ve been dying to share this for months!

A while back, we got a pretty exciting email.

We love Ana White, and her easy-to-follow free furniture plans on her fabulous blog.  When she asked if we would be willing to contribute a project to her upcoming book, we were ELATED.

The Handbuilt Home | Ana White | Perfectly Imperfect

Well, folks, she’s done it–she’s written her book and we were honored to be among several other contributors.  The projects are easy, affordable, and most importantly, help us create spaces that say “home” to us.

Handmade furniture | Handmade Platform Bed | Perfectly Imperfect

I wasn’t able to show you, but we were able to build a bed for Grayson’s room.  The plan only called for a headboard, but we couldn’t stop there.  That kid needs storage!

Handmade furniture | Handmade Platform Bed | Perfectly Imperfect

We’ve not been able to show it to you, and I’m so excited that we get to share it today!  Grayson needed a new bed, so we used Ana’s plans to build the upholstered headboard and platform bed.

Handmade furniture | Handmade Platform Bed | Perfectly Imperfect

This bed (and our photos) will be featured in Ana’s book, along with lots of other ideas and plans.

Handmade furniture | Handmade Platform Bed | Perfectly Imperfect

P.S.  This project was such an EASY build….oh, and all those compartments on the platform?  Six drawers.

Yeppers.

These photos were taken almost a year ago, so now we have hardware on the drawers and the room is coming along…and the beautiful bed has moved around the room a bit.

We’ll show you that soon, but in the meantime, Ana’s book is now available for pre-order on Amazon.

Handmade furniture | Handmade Platform Bed | Perfectly Imperfect

We hope you’ll join us in supporting her in this amazing accomplishment.  If you haven’t, you should pick up your copy and go build something beautiful for your home.

Thanks again to Ana for including us in such a special project!

, , , ,

24 Responses to The Handbuilt Home by Ana White & a Project

1. Jen August 30, 2012 at 6:33 am #

What an awesome bed!!! I love the colors you used in your decor;)

2. Lynda August 30, 2012 at 7:07 am #

That looks like it will be a fantastic book. You sons bed is so good looking and functional. I’m seeing Lego’s in those drawers instead of under my feet :) Loving his nightstand!

• perfectlyimperfect August 30, 2012 at 7:32 am #

Thank you, Lynda! YES, a couple of HUGE drawers full of legos we’re not stepping on, lol!

3. Anna@agoodhome August 30, 2012 at 8:12 am #

Ah! I loved his bed when I saw it person, and I’m SO excited that it’ll be in Ana’s book! You guys really did such a beautiful job on it :)

• perfectlyimperfect August 30, 2012 at 11:13 am #

Aw, thank you, Anna! It’s a functional piece for him, for sure!

4. Kelly @ Eclectically Vintage August 30, 2012 at 8:41 am #

Congrats – that is one fabulous, bed full of much needed storage!
    Kelly

5. Kimberly from Serendipity Refined August 30, 2012 at 11:11 am #

Congratulations and those drawers are PERFECT! I’m so excited for you!

• perfectlyimperfect August 31, 2012 at 11:46 am #

Thanks, Kimberly! Can’t wait to show it to you guys with the hardware on–even better. :-)

6. Chrystal@theshabbiestchick August 30, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

I love the bed! And, I love Ana White! I learned to build from her website and have built several pieces of furniture using her plans! I am so excited to see two of my favorite blogs in the same place!

Congratulations!

• perfectlyimperfect August 31, 2012 at 11:46 am #

Thanks, Chrystal! Me too–why thank you for your sweet, sweet comment! :-)

7. Tonya @ Love of Family & Home August 30, 2012 at 1:32 pm #

The bed turned out AWESOME!! Congratulations on being featured in Ana’s book!!

8. jessica@fourgenerationsoneroof August 30, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

Wow the bed a awesome! I love the wood trim with the striped headboard insert. The drawers and color combo look fab with the bedding as well. Nice job girlf! Congrats on being a contributor to her book also :)!

• perfectlyimperfect August 31, 2012 at 11:48 am #

Thank you, friend! I love the look of his room–ready to finish it up and show it to you guys! :-)

9. Dear Lillie August 30, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

It looks amazing, Shaunna!

10. Merri Jo September 1, 2012 at 8:07 am #

Shaunna, you and your talented husband certainly should be in a book! I spend way too much time just gazing and enjoying your beautiful photos of your amazing creations! Now, I will also be checking out Ana’s blog.
    Can you please tell me the source for the star pillow? –it would make the perfect accent on the adorable bunk beds that I’ve set up for my grandsons!
    Thanks oodles for sharing your talent and lovely heart with blogland.

11. Kay September 5, 2012 at 6:12 pm #

I love the bed, but my question is Where did you get the navy blue coverlet?? I have been searching high and low for one but with no success! I realize you said the photos were taken almost a year ago but I would still appreciate knowing where you found it!

Thanks so much!

12. Korrie@RedHenHome February 10, 2013 at 12:30 pm #

Love this bed! Have you posted further details on it yet? I didn’t find them…

13. Angelique February 12, 2013 at 6:30 am #

Hi! I found you via Ana white’s book & I loved your bed you made for your son! I plan on making the same one for my son but I did want to ask you where you bought your fabric from for the upholstered part of the headboard? I’d also love to see the bed with the hardware on it! You mentioned it but I can’t find any other pics of the bed on your site so not sure if I’m just missing it or not? I’m excited to start following your blog & seeing all the other amazing things you make!!

• perfectlyimperfect February 13, 2013 at 9:01 am #

Hey Angelique! Thanks so much! We got it at JoAnn’s…just a simple blue and white ticking cotton. I’m not sure if I even took pics of it yet…but we’re working on the kids’ rooms right now, so hopefully we’ll finish soon! :-)