Online Chalk Paint (TM) Shop

Well, after a couple of months of stacking paint cans and brushes a mile-high in our garage (gotta take a pic of that one), we are celebrating the Grand Opening of our Chalk Paint™ shop!!

annie Sloan Chalk Paint at perfectly imperfect

After opening our retail space in Troy, we’ve been blown away by the response–I mean I knew I loved the stuff, but I had no idea how much fun it would be to work with y’all on your projects, helping you pick out colors and work out a finish for your own pieces.

ANnie Sloan Chalk Paint Shop at perfectly imperfect

We’ve opened online,  carrying Chalk Paint Quarts and Sample Pots (in all the colors–even the NEW COLOR-FLorence!!)…

ANNie Sloan Chalk Paint at perfectly imperfect

Annie’s amazing brushes in Small, Medium, & Large.

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint at perfectly imperfect

Have you used the Annie Sloan brushes yet??  They are wonderful, especially if you’d like to create a rustic finish with some texture. I use them for both smooth and rustic finishes, and love them for the sheer amount of paint they hold.  I feel like, along with Chalk Paint, they cut my work time in half (or more!).

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint at perfectly imperfect

We’re also carrying Virginia’s Ultimate Wax brush and Petite Wax brush–perfect for applying a smooth, thin coat of wax.

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint at perfectly imperfect

We’re carrying Annie’s books, and I love referring to them often for inspiration.  If you’ve never used Chalk Paint, Quick and Easy Paint Transformations is a great for getting started!

In the future, we’ll keep adding items to the shop, along with my eBooks (yes, I said eBooks, plural.  Stay tuned!!)

To celebrate our Shop opening, we are offering 10% off all Chalk Paint quarts on your first order starting today and ending this Sunday, July 1, at Noon CST.  Enter the coupon code WELCOME to get your 10% off!

Please let me know if you have any questions about Chalk Paint and your projects–Matt and I are happy to help and SO excited to work with our wonderful readers in a whole new way!

, ,

42 Responses to Online Chalk Paint (TM) Shop

1. Kristin@Chi-Chi Studio June 28, 2012 at 6:16 am #

This is so cool! I’d love to stop by your “real” shop on my way from Nashville to my sister’s house in Prattville. Hopefully, that will be sooner rather than later!

2. Lori June 28, 2012 at 6:18 am #

How fun!! Congratulations on your new Chalk Paint shop!! Your pictures look beautiful :)

3. Molly June 28, 2012 at 6:52 am #

Hi !! I am very interested in the graphite color to paint my countertops with. They are a horrible green color and I was wondering if you think that if I painted them and waxed them if it would hold up. I was going for a limestone look, and then I wanted to use french linen or coco on my kitchen cabinets. I was hoping that it might be an affordable way to update. Thanks for your input, and the 10% off!!

4. Molly June 28, 2012 at 6:56 am #

I said limestone, I meant soapstone countertop. Thanks!

• mattwest June 28, 2012 at 4:03 pm #

Hey, Molly,
      Shaunna said you can defintely paint on your coutertops, and she would do a little research to help you get the best finish possible! Stay in touch, and she’ll be available to help you with questions you might have as you redo your cabinets.
      Thanks,
      Matt

5. Kim in Iowa June 28, 2012 at 7:01 am #

Any tip on what to do with a formica-type desk top? I bought an old dorm desk to paint for my daughter’s room and the top is like a formica. Can I just paint over it or do I need any special prep? The rest of the desk is just wood so that’s easy. Thanks – or let me know if I should email my question somewhere!

Can’t wait to try this paint soon – will have to check out your shop today!

• mattwest June 28, 2012 at 3:39 pm #

Hey, Kim in Iowa,
      You can paint right on top of the formica, Shaunna reccommends 3-4 coats of wax to help protect it, but that should work great! She also said that she will be available to help answer any questions once you get started. So get some paint and good luck! :)

• Kim in Iowa June 29, 2012 at 8:38 am #

Thank you so much! Now to decide what color…….

6. Karen from www.thecottagefarmhouse.com June 28, 2012 at 7:46 am #

I use this paint on all my design projects it’s fantastic…

7. M June 28, 2012 at 8:30 am #

Sounds like a great adventure for you and a great resource for all of us.
    I have a question for you-Can Annie Sloan’s wax be used on surfaces that are NOT covered in her paint first? Any insight you can provide would be quite helpful,thanks.
    M.

• mattwest June 28, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

Hey, M
      Shaunna said she’s not quite sure, it really depends on what surfaces you are trying to wax. If you could let us know exactly what you would like to wax, she can help you figure out just how to get the finish you are going for.
      Thanks,
      Matt

• M June 29, 2012 at 6:37 am #

This specific project is a bureau I had done with a flat acylic paint(sherwin williams has a new paint Clark & Kensington and they were giving away samples) Piece is a bright parakeet feather or granny smith apple kinda green . My goal is to avoid the plastic finish of polyurethane, have the subtlety of a wax finish,without any significant distressing of the finish,just the deepening of the color and protection that wax will provide. So many of the waxes on the market seem to have ” toulene” in their formula that is likely to degtrade the paint , So what do you think, can the annie sloan wax work to acheive the finish I imagine without distressing the paints finish? I have been eager to try her wax and the nifty brushes to apply but not sure if this bureau is the piece to start with… I look forward to your response-Thanks!

• perfectlyimperfect June 30, 2012 at 7:12 am #

I sure think so!! Chalk Paint does not have to be distressed…I just did a piece in Florence with some gilding wax and didn’t distress at all. It has a soft sheen with the wax, but no distressing. You can always use it on a practice piece or some sample boards first to see what you think. I think you’ll LOVE the results! :-)

8. Daphne June 28, 2012 at 9:01 am #

I was in Troy Antiques yesterday and bought my first can of Duck Egg. Can’t wait to use it. I love your area of the store,very beautiful!!

9. Layla June 28, 2012 at 9:33 am #

YAY! So proud of y’all! :-D

10. mattwest June 28, 2012 at 3:29 pm #

Hey Everyone!
    This is Matt, Shaunna’s gramatically impaired husband, since she is currently in-ca-pacitated, I am going to try to answer a few of your questions… So here goes nothing…

11. Diane Westbrook June 28, 2012 at 6:13 pm #

Hi! What a wonderful adventure for you two!!
    I have an old table and really want to try the chalk paint on it…I know that you do not have to sand but am wondering what you should do with a few areas where the veneer is lifting up. Do I try to glue it down first? Am at a loss in trying to figure it out. The second question is: do you ship out the paint?
    Thanks!! Diane

• Diane Westbrook July 3, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

Well of course you ship out the paint!! What in the world was I thinking?? …oh, and is it possible to give me an answer on what to do with the small amounts of veneer that is lifting up? I really appreciate your help!

12. Meaningful Nest June 28, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

Very exciting! The colors are beautiful I bet. Can’t wait to try them.

13. Baileywife June 28, 2012 at 6:56 pm #

Man I need to find some blog friends that live closer to me…I just want to stop on in and visit you and your shop and have you help me get started with my new painting projects…..UGH!!! I can daydream…..:)

14. Laura June 28, 2012 at 7:27 pm #

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is user error, but I’m trying to buy a can, but it says your coupon code does not exist. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much. So excited to get some paint.

• perfectlyimperfect June 28, 2012 at 11:36 pm #

Laura,
      The code is good for any and all of the Quart size paints, it is just the word WELCOME just be sure it is all caps, but if that doesn’t work, just let me know.
      Thanks,
      Shaunna :)

15. A Peters June 29, 2012 at 2:30 pm #

I have really enjoyed your blog and have been toying with starting a couple of Chalk Paint projects…the 10% off was just the kick in the pants!! Thanks for all the inspiration.

16. Jenny Stone June 29, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

Hello Shaunna,

I have been reading your blog for about a year now and I LOVE it. I am trying to work up the courage to do my first chalk paint project and I am so excited that I can order my paint from you! Your blog introduced me to the beauty of chalk paint and Annie Sloan.I have read Annie Sloan’s book about chalk paint transformations and if you don’t mind I will send you a picture of the armoire I’d like to paint and get your opinion about color and wax choices.

Thank you for sharing your talents with all of us in blogland.
    Bless you!
    Jenny

17. Amanda June 30, 2012 at 7:12 am #

Hey! I bought my first ASCP in Old White Monday while in Troy visiting my sister! We just moved into our new house we built in April and I am loving my new house but no longer loving my furniture. So…I’m off for the summer and decided to dabble in DIY to see if I can work with what we have and make it fit “us” now. My husband has an old desk that was his granddaddy’s and I wanted to start there since it is a fairly small project…in comparison to whole bedroom suite’s I’m eventually wanting to attempt to “redo”. SO…it has guns carved in the wood on each side of the drawers. I stained the top of the maple desk and drawers in minwax dark walnut. I painted the body of the desk in ASCP Old White, and since it is a little pricey, just thought I’d go look for soft wax from Minwax in dark rather than buying ASCP soft wax. Well, I can’t seem to find Minwax in dark…only natural. Here’s the question. If I buy Minwax’s “natural for lighter woods” stain, could I use it with ASCP dark? I really want to use dark wax on the desk to make it look rustic and weathered…but I keep seeing where you should put the regular soft wax under the dark. I really don’t want to mess this up. Any advice would be lovely! :) Thanks so much for your time and willingness to help!

• perfectlyimperfect July 1, 2012 at 9:05 am #

Hey Amanda!
      I totally get where you’re coming from. The wax and paints seem pricey at first, but I actually did a price comparison (link below), and in the end, I find now, I actually spend less on paint/supplies. I’ve totally cut out prep supplies like primers,deglossers, etc., and keep very little sanding supplies on hand. As far as the soft wax goes, Annie’s brand is made to actually fuse with the paint after curing, so it will give you the absolute best level of protection. I’ve never tried minwax over her paint–I find that a can of soft wax lasts forever, and dark wax even longer, as you don’t have to use much at a time. So, again, seems like more to begin with, but the product lasts so much longer. If it were me, I would just go for it–you’ll have both waxes for a looong time, and will be able to use them on multiple projects. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :-)

18. Emily July 1, 2012 at 1:08 am #

Yay! I put in my order! Thanks for the 10% incentive! I rather hope my order doesn’t arrive until after the 11th – I don’t have time to play before then.

19. Jackie July 1, 2012 at 7:52 pm #

Oops! Just checked in and missed the sale! Would love to order soon.

20. Joanna July 5, 2012 at 3:03 pm #

Ok, I wish I had had enough service to finished reading this post on my iphone last week while I was out of town– I need paint!!!!

This is exciting that you are a contributor now! (I know you don’t know me, but I am always impressed with your work)

I want to come to your class! Are you filled up yet?
    Thanks!
    Joanna

21. Ollie July 6, 2012 at 1:15 am #

Hi

Will you ship the paint internationally?

Thanks :)

22. Gayle July 6, 2012 at 3:15 pm #

Just heard about this paint. Want to paint a chest of drawers and another piece. A lot of veneer. Is this paint good for this.

• perfectlyimperfect July 6, 2012 at 5:51 pm #

Hey Gayle, It sure is! I love, love it for older pieces and new pieces alike. Let us know if you have any other questions! :-)

23. Betty @ Tea Cozie Cottage July 29, 2012 at 11:05 pm #

Hi
    very interested in buying the chalk paint, do you ship to Canada? Thank you
    Betty

24. Carol December 30, 2013 at 4:36 pm #

Hi Shaunna,
    I’ve been researching chalk paint and wax to use on the old mantle we are redoing for the cottage living room. It isn’t a working fireplace, but at some point we will be putting in a gas log system. Will the wax stand up to heat? I’ve read that it shouldn’t be used outdoors because of heat issues, but what about a mantle? Obviously, I’m hoping it won’t get too hot — it is wood after all! :-) Any thoughts? Thanks so much for your input.
    Carol

• perfectlyimperfect January 2, 2014 at 9:30 pm #

Hey Carol! It should be just fine, but I wound’t wax it, since wax can melt. I’d just buff it really well with super fine sanding paper. Hope that helps! :-)

25. Jean February 27, 2014 at 10:50 am #

looking for stores in my area~12010
    If i cant get it how would i be able to order for a color

26. The Home Boutique April 1, 2014 at 7:05 am #

Your store looks lovely :)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. the super fun list + bloggy love | the handmade home - June 29, 2012

[...] last but not least, our fabo friend Shaunna is now carrying Chalk Paint on her site! This is kind of a big deal since it’s hard to come by in our neck of the woods… I Love [...]