I hope you’re having a great week so far; I’m feeling quite crafty today, so I would love to spend some time today fluffing the guest room bath and my bedroom, and possibly working on a new art project featuring beadboard and a very large empty frame I picked up a couple of weeks ago.
But for now, I thought I’d post a quick transformation. I worked on another project for the KD house…those girls needed a desk to get all that studying done!
When I found this piece, I thought of them…
I love the legs and that original hardware is gorgeous! I couldn’t imagine removing it. They wanted it to resemble this guy…
I went with a chalky, imperfect finish on the bottom and stripped the top.
Instead of white-washing the top, I then re-stained the top with a grey stain, which gives the wood a really smoky state. I also dry brushed the stain on the white. (These after pictures were snapped as I dropped off the piece, so forgive the quick snaps in harsh light
I painted the original hardware in my new favorite Metallic, #3 from Valspar’s silver metallic spray paint line.
Love this desk…love the large surface space and I really love the finish on it. I love the juxtaposition of the rustic and almost splotchy white with the sweet lines of the legs and hardware.
Alright, I’m off to paint some beadboard! Look for the little man’s Wild West party tomorrow!!