Julie’s Bedroom Reveal

Hey party people!

I have a teeeny bit of internet here in South Africa, so I couldn’t wait to share with you Julie’s room reveal!  You guys know Julie.  She’s works with us and is one of our best friends…it was SO fun to put together a space that reflected her sparkling personality.

I worked with Sherwin-Williams on the launch of their new color line, HGTV HOME by Sherwin Williams.  This new palette is appropriately dubbed   Softer Side and it was right up my alley (and Julie’s!).  The colors are amazing, and this makeover?  It’s a stunner.

I know, enough talking already.

On to the before…

Julie's Room Reveal | perfectly imperfect

And after 4 hard days, and a whole new room later…

Julie's Room Reveal | perfectly imperfect

Sooo much happier, right??

To the right of walking in the door, you see the wall of closets.  Here’s the before on that side…

And the after….

Julie's Room Reveal | perfectly imperfect

This room was so much fun to put together.  The color palette centered around Peppercorn, Porcelain, and a pop of Mellow Coral.  We had a couple of goals for this room:  make it light & bright, get it organized, and make it fresh and youthful.

We did just that, I think.

Julie loved the reveal, and so did we!

Since we’re in South Africa, I’m going to leave you with more pictures and even more details about Sherwin-Williams HGTV HOME Softer Side Palette coming in a few days…

Julie's Room Reveal | perfectly imperfect

We are hopping on a plane tomorrow, and I’ll be filling you in on some details of the makeover once I’m stateside!  Let me know if you have any source questions in the comments and I’ll be sure to answer them in the next post!

, , , ,

13 Responses to Julie’s Bedroom Reveal

1. DebZorn May 6, 2014 at 6:25 pm #

What a big change! It turned into a beautiful room! I’m interested in the bike photo and the word print. Both are very cool.

2. Laura May 7, 2014 at 5:19 am #

Yay, a design post! This one is chock-full of inspiring ideas for me. My daughter has chosen gray and coral as the colors for her next bedroom (if we move….), so far we’ve purchased the sheets. So she sleeps on white, gray and coral sheets, in a bedroom that is kiwi green with hot-pink accents. ;o)

I love the built-ins around the bed, the accent wall colors, the bright white floor (that’s the best change you made).

Painting the pocket doors makes them much less offensive. We have removed them completely from one daughter’s bedroom, and hung IKEA tab curtains in their place.

Thanks and safe travels.

3. Ginger May 7, 2014 at 9:00 am #

The room turned out lovely. Hard to believe it’s the same space. I especially LOVE the deer head. So, please make sure to share that source.

4. Kianna May 7, 2014 at 2:12 pm #

That grey looks a lot like Iron Ore by Sherwin Williams… :) And I’m betting it is. I am dying to paint a room exactly like you did, with an accent wall Iron Ore and the three other walls a crisp white. I LOVE it. I am interested to know what you used for white as I can’t seem to find a perfectly crisp white with no colored undertones in it! I love the coral accents as well as the pops of gold! Looks amazing. :)

5. Brandi May 7, 2014 at 3:46 pm #

What did you do to the floor? Thanks.

6. Lisa May 7, 2014 at 8:35 pm #

Big gasp, it is so beautiful! What a stunning reveal, I am just tickled for Julie! Great job! I too love the deer head and please be sure to mention the origins of the beautiful dresser. I also can hardly wait to hear about South Africa and all that you planned while you were away! Love!

7. Cecilia May 8, 2014 at 1:13 pm #

I love the “more adventure, more coffee, more love…” wall art! Where is it from? The room is awesome :)

8. Melisa May 8, 2014 at 5:53 pm #

That animal print pillow! Must know where it is from!!

9. Lisa @ LisasCreativeDesigns May 10, 2014 at 7:40 am #

Wow what a difference! I love the built ins, the dresser is gorgeous and love the bed!

10. sherry hart May 10, 2014 at 11:18 am #

Beautiful transformation! A little paint goes a long way in making a room fabulous:)

11. Claire @ A Little Claireification May 18, 2014 at 9:09 am #

Shaunna this is just stunning – what an amazing transformation!!

12. Kristen May 18, 2014 at 9:02 pm #

Hi….just GORGEOUS! What is the floor?

13. Kara May 24, 2014 at 7:26 am #

It’s gorgeous! I love the built in storage behind the bed, and I love the idea of painting the closet a pretty color. I’m working on my daughter’s room right now, and I just might have to try that!