The Chapel Market

Hey there, lovely people!

The Chapel Market | Perfectly Imperfect

So I showed you our space at The Chapel Market, and after we were finished setting up, we breathed a sigh of relief.  I was pretty proud of how quickly it came together and that we made it to Montgomery with no broken jars.

The Chapel Market | Perfectly Imperfect

We arrived on Saturday morning at 8 am, and there were already folks to greet us there…

We put a few last minute touches on things (and even unpacked more product), and before long the doors opened.

The Chapel Market | Perfectly Imperfect

This is literally second 3 the doors opened….

The Chapel Market | Perfectly Imperfect

And this was minute 2….

The Chapel Market | Perfectly Imperfect

The Chapel Market | Perfectly Imperfect

Please imagine me now, pressed up against an old farm table with my massive zoom lens and southern drawl, “let me know if I can help y’all.”

That pic above was the line at 9:10.  It was NUTS in that place…in the best way.  We brought Julie, Natalie, and Lori…and are so glad we did.  We had two checkout lines, and neither stopped checking people out until 10:30…and just for one second, until the next people walked up.

The Chapel Market | Perfectly Imperfect

I was so happy to be able to help customers and chat with blog readers…it was SO wonderful meeting each and every single one of you.  I didn’t get any pics, so if you got one of us, please send them my way!

Events like this fill me up and remind me why we do what we do–thank you for every kind word spoken and for your tremendous support at the Chapel Market.

The Chapel Market | Perfectly Imperfect

Oh, and that cotton?

Gone by 9:20.

P.S.  A huge thanks to Layla for asking us to be a part and to the other vendors–you all are rock stars.

, ,

11 Responses to The Chapel Market

1. Mike Batliner October 24, 2013 at 9:50 am #

Glad to see the chapel market turned out so good for you guys. Looks like everyone had a great time and Im wondering if you had to take anything home with you?

2. Mike Guthrie October 24, 2013 at 11:28 am #

That looks like an absolute madhouse. Such a neat environment. Where is it again?

3. Jill Flory October 24, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

so lovely and so exciting that you sold so much so quickly and met so many great people!

4. Mandy October 24, 2013 at 2:47 pm #

Here is hoping that chapel market is an annual thing..I wont miss it next time.

5. Jan Barron October 24, 2013 at 3:59 pm #

Shaunna, It was such, such a special day. What a treat to get to shop and chat with all of you. Thanks for sharing your talent and vision with us. I am planning to see you in the shop before Christmas. Love those visits to Troy!

6. vickie October 24, 2013 at 8:14 pm #

Love the cotton, but how do you display it?? :)

7. Angie October 24, 2013 at 8:51 pm #

Shauna, I was so thrilled to meet you at the Chapel! Wow, was it packed! While I was standing in line to pay for my goodies, a cute little lady was in front of me with a bunch of cotton. I told her that my father-in-law had a farm and I would have never thought to cut it and sell it like that; you’re so smart. The lady said to me, “well, it’s not real cotton”. I told her it most certainly was! I told her the stems just had florist tape around it. She was so excited! I thought you would get a kick out of that story. I so hope ya’ll do this again next year!
    Angie from Pensacola

8. Kim a. October 25, 2013 at 2:03 pm #

Looks amazing from yours and Layla’s pics and all I can say is I am so happy I ordered my cotton stems online the week before the chapel market so I got some before they disappeared! :)

9. Beth October 26, 2013 at 2:22 pm #

Shaunna, I really enjoyed meeting you and your crew last Saturday! Your booth was precious, as were all the others. I just live about 2 miles from the Waters, so I’m really rooting for Chapel Market 2014, as well as continuing annual (or even semi-annual!) events.

I really NEED an “Alabama state flashcard”, so please let me know if you get more of those in your shop or info on where to find one. I’m sure I will come see you at your place the next time I’m passing through your neck of the woods!

Many blesssings!

10. Beth G October 26, 2013 at 2:23 pm #

Many blessings!

11. Sue at Blu October 29, 2013 at 3:58 pm #

I had a blast helping Marian and seeing you again! Did you sell that awesome farmhouse table??? I cut out early and was halfway home when I realized I forgot to check with you! I didn’t take any pics so thanks for capturing my rear end waiting in line for the doors to open! LOL!