25 Things

1.  If exhaustion were a person, I’d be his best friend.

2.  I say “he,” because he’s rough and gruff and not so sensitive.

3.  We’ve been go-go-going for such a long time now that it seems like I only operate on one speed.

4.  Back at the beach this weekend to celebrate my 10 year anniversary with Matt.

5.  I never knew love until I met that crazy, goofy, lovable man.

6.  He loves me always, even when my hair goes a shade too strawberry…

25 Things | Perfectly Imperfect

7.  And when I wear “linebacker shirts,” as he likes to call them.

8.  I kind of dig them.

9.  He does not.

10.  There’s not much breakfast in bed won’t cure.

11.  I know, random, but that’s the point of these posts.  Random brain dump.

12.  Although, I’ve been eating so healthy that regular bacon might send me over the edge.

13.  Bacon.  Mmmm.

14.  What’s so wrong with turkey bacon?

15.  I’m used to it, my kids are used to it…

16.  Matt is NOT and will not ever be.

17.  Maybe bacon is a dude, too, and he and exhaustion are best buddies after all.

18.  Determined to pack on the pounds of women everywhere.

19.  The cool thing about bacon is getting to pair it with coffee.

20.  Because that means I’ve started my daily battle with exhaustion.

21.  I’m being a little dramatic, you know.

22.  Coffee still rocks my world, though.

23.  Health and science aside, of course.

24.  I think I’ll take a nap on the beach today.

25.  Ha!  Who am I kidding?!

21 Responses to 25 Things

1. Meg May 24, 2013 at 8:06 am #

Happy Anniversary! Can I ask what color ASP you are using in this pic?

Thanks!

• Susan Mize May 25, 2013 at 6:29 pm #

I would also like to know the color you are using. The paint can is not clear enough to read or maybe it is also tired like all of us!

2. Dee May 24, 2013 at 8:30 am #

Just wondering why you numbered each sentence? lol

• perfectlyimperfect May 24, 2013 at 9:37 am #

ha! hey Dee! 25 things is a recurring series around here where I share 25 random things on my brain that day. good for my soul! :-)

3. Denise May 24, 2013 at 8:50 am #

Happy 10th Anniversary… and your hair looks great!
    Thanks for the chuckles :)

4. Amber May 24, 2013 at 9:37 am #

Ahhh… the joys of being wife, mama, homemaker, teacher and business owner. ;) Enjoy your time at the beach, your mind, body and soul will thank you for it.

5. meike May 24, 2013 at 10:59 am #

I love your 25 things posts and I love the hair :-) And as I’m German – in German bacon is in fact really male. Exhaustion’s not, though. But make it “state of exhaustion” and you’re absolutely right. Sorry, felt the need to contribute to the random things ;-)
    Happy 10th anniversary, enjoy the beach. We’re celebrating our 10th anniversary in two weeks. Minus the beach :-) Have fun and take a well deserved break!

6. Caroline May 24, 2013 at 2:32 pm #

Love your hair & Happy Anniversary to you both :-)

7. Lora May 24, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

Ummmmm, yikes!! Does anyone else see the face of the old man in the first picture?
    Just me? Oh.
    Have fun at the beach with your Mister. Happy 10 years!

8. Eileen May 24, 2013 at 3:59 pm #

I love the randomness, is that a real word???? Congrats on your ten years!!

9. Chelsea May 24, 2013 at 6:09 pm #

You crack me up! Needed that laugh today…and now I need bacon. :)

10. Diane Westbrook May 24, 2013 at 7:05 pm #

Yes…yes…enjoy your time..it will go fast so take slow breaths! like another poster…I would like to know the color of the ASCP you are using on that cute nightstand in the
    first photo…the face of an old man ??? perhaps the corner that is hanging down on the pillows just above the nightstand in the window??

11. Claire @ A Little Claireification May 24, 2013 at 11:48 pm #

Happy Anniversary!! Hope the shop is going well. :)

12. Kate May 25, 2013 at 12:11 pm #

Happy Anniversary! And thanks for sharing those random thoughts! Love them!

Like Meg, I would like to know the color of the paint being used in this pic too please? I think it would be the perfect shade to paint my dining room set! Thanks!

13. Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse May 25, 2013 at 12:48 pm #

“Bacon” and “exhaustion” are both masculine in French as well! Exhaustion has been my constant companion for the last month of cottage renovation: it’s kind of a love/hate relationship. I did take a nap this afternoon, you should try it. It gives you enough energy to do something that leaves you exhausted!!!

14. Jody May 25, 2013 at 6:24 pm #

Happy Anniversary! I hope you’re catching a little down time while away :)

15. Kathy May 26, 2013 at 6:43 am #

I also love turkey bacon! Hang in there!

16. Kathy May 26, 2013 at 6:47 am #

I love turkey bacon! Hang in there!

17. ZoeAnn Yussman May 26, 2013 at 10:49 pm #

Happy Anniversary! I hope the beach weather was wonderful and you were able to relax.

18. tara June 1, 2013 at 7:28 pm #

Happy Anniversary!!!!
    Hope you guys were able to relax and soak up the sun and each other. :)