he built me a wall

You know how some girls like getting flowers?

I feel that way about planks.

why not & the wall | perfectly imperfect

My guy just built me a wall.

We needed a “slow down & take a look” moment when you walked in our shop doors.  Our space is so open, so this wall gives us a chance to make a statement and create interesting displays that encourage our customers to ponder and wander.

And I kind of like it, too.

I chose to paint the wall in one coat of a mix of 2 parts Louis Blue to 1 part Old White.  (more on mixing paint colors, soon)  The soft blue turned out to be beautifully neutral, but striking…i love it!

And speaking of love….kitchen towels sewed in a little town outside of Paris found their way to my shop.

Planks and french linens in one day.

Sigh.

photo SMILEY_FACE_1.jpg

, , ,

11 Responses to he built me a wall

1. Jennifer Rizzo April 25, 2013 at 7:20 am #

I love a good wall. It’s the best present ever. Those are some pretty awesome towels too.

2. SmithShack71 April 25, 2013 at 7:37 am #

Cool wall.
    I need all of the walls in my house done, please. ;)

-Angie

3. meike April 25, 2013 at 8:58 am #

You have one great husband! I keep telling mine about him and he’s been picking up on the hints pretty quickly.
    Love the wall and the color – I’ve been falling in love with Louis Blue lately. As usual, I just wish I lived closer, I’d love to see the shop :-)

4. Stephanie Halliday April 25, 2013 at 2:53 pm #

It’s beautiful! Love it! Nice man you have! : )

5. Danielle April 25, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

Beautiful. Who could resist that?

6. kelly thompson April 25, 2013 at 3:35 pm #

oh, that’s so great, don’t ever say he didn’t do anything for you now!

7. Lora April 25, 2013 at 3:39 pm #

That is beautiful! Such a good idea for my entryway, which opens directly into the living room with no seperation. Eureka!

I wanted to tell you, late Sunday night you had a Peeping Tom at the shop. We were on our way back from the beach, and even though it was 10:30 p.m. I just had to come by and take a peek in the window. Plus, I wanted to find the shop for future reference. I had never been in that part of Troy and I fell in love! I can’t wait to make it back down there.

8. Sonya Jordan April 25, 2013 at 4:01 pm #

Ahhh! That’s true LOVE! Life is good! Can’t wait for the Market!

9. Karen@RestyledVintage April 25, 2013 at 6:24 pm #

I’d rather have planked walls than flowers anyday of the week too!

We just did some planked walls in our home and now I am trying to think how to make a planked ‘barn wood’ privacy screen for our outdoor living areas…

xx Karen

10. Janet Price April 26, 2013 at 8:31 pm #

Love the wall…bought some of the dish towels:)

11. Dale Graham May 1, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

Hi Shauna, when i saw this post i thought of the local CHALK PAINT store. Here is her “slow down & take a look” moment at the front of her store. You are the one that got me interested in chalk paint but i live in CA. I am from BAMA, and stopped by in January to check out your store. My neice goes to TROY. Your store is great. Blessings to you.