holiday shop talk

Opening a shop at Christmas time has been a busy and beautiful thing.

Between wrapping presents, homeschooling, shopping for my family, shopping for the shop, blogging, and trying to do normal life stuff, too, I feel a wee bit active.

But…I’m truly learning to follow my own advice.  I just tackle a couple of big tasks per day (excluding school with Gray) and everything else is gravy.  There is no sense in worrying…I can only do what I can in one day.

After one of the very busy weeks since we’ve been open, we received a big shipment of new goodness & I had to share a few pictures with you.

Perfectly Imperfect | Cake Papers | Shop | Home Decor

Our Cake Paper placemats sold so well, I decided we’d carry several more designs.   Y’all.  I love these things.  Those kid ones are SO much fun, and the placemats are perfect for casual get together’s.

Perfectly Imperfect | Cake Papers | Shop | Home Decor

Our table is sporting the gold chevron runner and the holiday berries placemats as we speak (pictures coming soon).

Perfectly Imperfect | Cake Papers | Shop | Home Decor People are loving using the table runners for both their tables and wrapping…mercy, they’re pretty.

Perfectly Imperfect | Shop | Home Decor

I love carrying handmade goods in the shop, and I adored the pillow covers we’re carrying from Anna at A Good Home.  She makes beautiful and fun pillow covers…they are a hit!

Plus, it’s wonderful to bring some of these items home to see how they fit…I need to find time to take photographs soon amidst all of the Christmas festivities.

Perfectly Imperfect | Shop | Home Decor

Perfectly Imperfect | Shop | Home Decor

Perfectly Imperfect | Shop | Home Decor

I really didn’t want to carry candles in the shop.  We have so many great places in town (including my cousin’s shop!) that offer wonderful candles, so I wasn’t focused on finding any.

One of our main vendors, though, had a Sweet Tea candle.  Matt heard the news, and immediately demanded I order some for him…and I added Bundled Evergreen for myself.  We just happened to be burning one on Black Friday and people were ordering them, and pulling from our personal stock in the back.  I decided it was worth offering them since they are so different from anything else in town and I don’t feel like they’re competitive because of the unique style, packaging, and scents.

And I’m officially obsessed with them all….how Southern can it get: Sweet Tea, Front Porch, Tall Cotton, Burlap & Barnwood (which smells like the most delicious man of all time), Bundled Evergreen, Tackroom…you get the idea.

Perfectly Imperfect | Shop | Home Decor

All of our jute and burlap bags finally came in & I’m loving them for wrapping little gifts and our customers are scooping dried lavender for stocking stuffers.

We are working on setting up our new online shop, that will include paint & all of the goods we carry in the shop….I can’t wait for you guys to see each and every item in there & be able to shop with us (if you’d like!) with a click of a button.

It’s been such a whirlwind opening a shop during the holidays, but I honestly can’t think of a better time to go for it.  It’s busy and happening, just like the season.  I’m sure things will slow down after Christmas, and I’ll probably miss all the hustle and bustle.

Speaking of hustle and bustle, I have about 32 Christmas presents to wrap today.  I hope to shoot our tree for you this afternoon.

Y’all have an inspired and Merry Tuesday.

, , ,

14 Responses to holiday shop talk

1. Jessica December 18, 2012 at 1:38 pm #

You are inspiring, Shaunna! Love love love your shop and once again, wish we lived closer!

Hope you get time to slow down and enjoy the holidays!

Jess

2. Ginger December 18, 2012 at 2:46 pm #

So envious of your shop. Some day, I hope to make that dream of mine come true! Sure so wish I lived closer so at least I could shop in yours for now. Looking forward to the time when you are finally up and running online. Good luck wrapping those presents, I have all of mine and my bosses to get done. Wish me luck! Merry Christmas!!!

3. Nicolette December 18, 2012 at 3:24 pm #

can’t wait until i can shop online from your store. happy happy..

4. sarah k December 18, 2012 at 10:41 pm #

Congratulations on opening your stores…It looks beautiful and look forward to seeing more. Merry Christmas to you and your family and hope you get to slow down a bit.

5. Grandma Mary December 19, 2012 at 1:06 am #

Can’t wait to be able to shop your goodies on line. After the holiday rush and you rest up, please consider offering a paint class session(s) midweek. I work weekends and would love to travel your way for a 3 day jaunt-Tues,Wed,Thurs getaway.

6. Kristen Pare December 19, 2012 at 5:11 am #

Oh, oh.OH! I have to have some of those candles–living in South Carolina–perfect for gifts! Love everything else especially the beautiful pillows–I admit I have a bit of a problem with collecting them. Merry Christmas to you and the family.

7. CJ December 19, 2012 at 8:03 am #

Looking forward to your online shop, then I can have a little bit of the south here in WI. Have a blessed holiday!

8. Marian December 19, 2012 at 8:54 am #

There’s a candle called “Tack Room”? Please tell me it smells like leather and Muphy’s Oil soap…if so, I need one for my best friend’s birthday in January. Could I call the shop directly and order one over the phone and have it shipped to Atlanta?

9. Steph December 19, 2012 at 9:22 am #

Can’t wait to see the online shop…bring a bit of ‘Bama to Michigan! :) I love those placemats…saw them in a shop up in Traverse City and HAD to have some. :)

10. Anna@agoodhome December 19, 2012 at 11:13 am #

I’m so glad you like my pillow covers, Shaunna. :) Thanks for the gorgeous pic, too! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

11. Elizabeth December 19, 2012 at 9:08 pm #

HUGE congratulations! I’ve read your blog for a long time and think what you’re doing is so cool. You should be very proud of all you’ve achieved! Hope you can take a minute (maybe a second?) to enjoy your success :)

12. Rosemary Gulledge December 20, 2012 at 10:27 am #

I love seeing pics of the shop! My friend & I drove down from Montgomery last Thursday and LOVED your shop and also shopping around downtown Troy! Keep posting pics so we will see what we need to come back for! :) I got a couple of great pillows (debating on getting 2 more) and also came home with a Sweet Tea candle!!!

• perfectlyimperfect December 21, 2012 at 9:00 am #

Awesome, Rosemary!! So happy you were able to make it!! :-)

13. Diana December 11, 2013 at 9:54 am #

I think you have made a wise decision on the Park Hill, Sweet Tea candle. I have purchased several for gifts and I final bought one for myself. The smell is so clean and unique! Every person I have given one to for a gift has also given these as gifts.