days 18 & 19: the paint colors

I hope you won’t consider it cheating that I lump days 18 & 19 together.

Progress at the shop is a little slow-going this week, and it seems the walls/built-ins/trim are multiplying as we go.

31 Days to OPEN | perfectly imperfect

Natalie and I started painting cabinets a while back, but we began the walls this week (up to 15 feet), and thankfully yesterday we were joined by Anna Lauson and Adam (a friend of Nat’s–thank you, Adam!).

We WILL finish this painting today.

Painting (which I normally love, you know) is the only thing between me and unpacking all these boxes filled with beautiful and interesting things.

31 Days to OPEN | perfectly imperfect

One and a half walls are done, window walls are done, and the 30 foot built in is almost done.  Here are our paint colors…

Walls & Baseboards: Benjamin Moore White Diamond (mixed in Sherwin Williams Emerald paint line)

Wood Trim around windows & mid-wall trim:  Chalk Paint™ in French Linen (this is all left unwaxed)

Chalkboard Wall built ins: French Linen & Pure White

30 foot built in: Chalk Paint in Aubusson Blue

31 Days to OPEN | perfectly imperfect

I’m choosing to leave most of the built ins unwaxed, mainly because who in the world would wax a 30 foot cabinet?!?  Plus, one of our barstools has remained unwaxed for over a year, and it is just now needing touch-ups.  I’ll probably wax the first half (depth) of the shelves to protect it from sliding paint cans on and off.  The built ins behind the shop counter will remain unwaxed.  We’ve even had to clean them all already and without the wax, they’re just fine.

Thank God for Chalk Paint.

And after the painting, then hopefully we’ll start showing you our day to day progress.

We’re getting to the really fun part.

, ,

13 Responses to days 18 & 19: the paint colors

1. Anna@agoodhome October 19, 2012 at 8:07 am #

Yeah, I would DEFINITELY not want to wax that whole beast of a cabinet! Everything is looking so lovely! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

2. Harbormom October 19, 2012 at 8:27 am #

It’s really beginning to take shape! How excited you must be to see your determination, stamina and hard work come to fruition. BTW, I absolutely LOVE the blue cabinet next to the exposed brick and the light floors. Can’t wait to see photos when you begin unpacking and styling your shop (that seems a little wrong – “shop” – looks more like a warehouse!!!). I may have to grab my daughter and make a trip down your way. I am praying for your health and strength during this amazing task you have set for yourself. You go, girl!

3. Stephanie October 19, 2012 at 8:41 am #

Painting always makes a space feel like you’ve made progress – and you certainly have. I can’t wait for the really exciting stuff (although I’m kind of a nerd and I like demo).

4. Beja {Howdy-Honey} October 19, 2012 at 8:47 am #

I’m sure that 30 foot shelf felt like the ultimate project that never ends. That will make any smaller project seem SOO much easier in comparison.

The visual impact is WORTH IT. GORGEOUS!!!!

5. JenO October 19, 2012 at 8:55 am #

I LOVE that blue cabinet. Perfection. Can’t wait to see you soon!

6. Brandy October 19, 2012 at 9:33 am #

I’m sure your tired from this series, but I gotta tell ya it’s so fun. Watching you bring your store together, seeing the pictures as it’s being done, and reading your thoughts about each day. It really is a treat.
    Have a wonderful day.

7. Shanna Gilbert October 19, 2012 at 10:18 am #

I love watching your progress!

8. Margaret Sharp October 19, 2012 at 10:29 am #

Did you put Emrald green into the white paint?

9. Meike October 19, 2012 at 11:43 am #

I love, love, LOVE that floor, the brick is gorgeous and the colors are great! Although I honestly thought you’d go for Provence or Duck Egg for the built in to kind of match the PI color scheme :-)
    You must be so excited – thanks for sharing with us!

10. Sarita October 19, 2012 at 3:10 pm #

Love the Aubusson blue paint!

11. elaine owens October 19, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

i think it is very exciting to watch it progress and i know it is going to be gorgeous. great to have good help too!!

12. Elisa @ Fancyfreeme October 20, 2012 at 8:59 am #

Hi there, I’m a new follower and I had no idea what chalk paint was. So I did a little research and I’m hooked! I love the colors and it sounds relatively easy to work with. I can’t wait to see everything you are doing. It all sounds so fabulous!!

13. Kellie October 20, 2012 at 11:12 am #

@ Margaret Sharp – I think she means the “Emerald” paint line by Sherwin Williams. It’s their new top-of-the-line paint.