day 25: the pinecones

Once upon a time, a young maiden went to market.

She fell deeply in love with some enchanting mercury glass pinecones.

31 Days to OPEN | perfectly imperfect

So she ordered some.

31 Days to OPEN | perfectly imperfect

We’re not sure how our story ends, but our heroine may or may not have gotten carried away with the pinecones.

**P.S. some of you have asked–we will definitely be adding all small items to our online shop, so you can fall in love with mercury glass pinecones, too!

, ,

24 Responses to day 25: the pinecones

1. Kristen October 26, 2012 at 7:43 am #

I don’t see how one couldn’t get carried away with those lovely pinecones!! Everything looks so beautiful! Been following your blog for awhile now and read your ebook about painting furniture. It has really inspired me to do things I never thought I could do. SO excited for you and your family with your upcoming grand opening! YOU GO GIRL!!

• perfectlyimperfect October 26, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

Thanks, Kristen! What a sweet, wonderful thing to say. YOU GO!

2. Gloria October 26, 2012 at 8:04 am #

Oh my word! I am swooooonnnninnngg for the mercury pine cones. Will you have online shopping for November?

Is that burlap bunting?

Ohhhhh all looks so wonderful! You must have amazing visions of awesomeness dancing in your head!

I pray you have the energy to drink in every wonderful moment of this adventure. Blessings!

• perfectlyimperfect October 26, 2012 at 3:25 pm #

Thank you Gloria! That’s wonderful advice–I’ll be sure to slow down and really enjoy what we’re doing. And yes, we’ll get things listed in the next few weeks, I hope.

3. Kara October 26, 2012 at 8:05 am #

The pinecones are beautiful, but I’m in love with those shelves- Gorgeous!!!!

4. Hayden October 26, 2012 at 8:11 am #

Those are pretty! I know you must be so excited about all the pretty stuff going up! I would love my own shop! I can picture it! So fun!

5. samantha October 26, 2012 at 8:57 am #

I noticed the pine cones on your table yesterday and had my eye on them straight away! Will you be shipping internationally by any chance? :)

6. Angie October 26, 2012 at 9:13 am #

When I was reading your post yesterday the pinecones were what caught my eye. I love them too! Honey, you either have good taste or you don’t; YOU have GREAT taste!!! You did some good shopping when you went to market. Glad to hear you will sell online too.

7. Janet October 26, 2012 at 10:22 am #

I getting more and more excited to see the final result of your shop! Those pinecones are to die for!

8. Claire October 26, 2012 at 3:34 pm #

Gorgeous!!!

• Claire October 26, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

PS: I added your button to my site. I think I did it right. :)

9. Jan October 26, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

LOVE those Cake papers you have on the shelf! Can’t wait to see how it all pulls together! Best! Jan at Raspberries

10. Anneke at This, That and Life October 27, 2012 at 12:45 am #

Oh my word I love ANYTHING mercury glass ~ I’m so glad you are adding small items to shop online!!!

11. Beth October 27, 2012 at 5:38 am #

LOVE those pinecones, I need some!!! Everything looks beautiful!

12. Tracey October 27, 2012 at 6:36 am #

This is so exciting! I can’t wait to see what wonderful things your going to offer. I’m ready to find some cute new things for my home. Wishing you the best during this wonderful, exciting time. Blessings!

• Tracey October 27, 2012 at 6:38 am #

Ooops… YOU’RE going to offer. Sorry, but us homeschooling moms feel the need to correct that. Lol.

13. Heather October 27, 2012 at 7:14 am #

You can NEVER have too much mercury glass or pine cones. I love the stars as well. I have a local barn store that sells the paper rolls you show there!! It so nice on a holiday table. Good luck. Cannot wait to see the final product!!

14. Cyndie October 27, 2012 at 8:04 am #

Shauna,
    Just found your blog and it is wonderful! Congratulations on your new venture, what fun! Several years ago I went to my first Fabric show just before we opened our quilt shop I sat with vendors who each showed me at least 10 new lines of fabrics, some of which had 40+ pieces each and then I had to decide what I wanted. I remember on the ride home I said to my mom “I think I just ordered 500 bolts of the same fabric, I can’t remember what anything looked like.!” It all turned out fine in the end.

Just so you know every year I look for some new pinecones to add to my christmas ornament collection, you might say I have become uhem… obsessed! So maybe I will come shopping for some new ones this year!

Best of luck

15. Jessica @ Dear Emmeline October 29, 2012 at 6:37 am #

they’re so pretty! love anything shiney and sparkley for holiday decor and our christmas tree!

16. Melissa November 6, 2012 at 9:28 pm #

Love the pine cones but lovin’ the shelves more. Do you mind sharing where you found those?

17. Tess @ Orvis Oasis November 20, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

Just came across your blog…WOW…Iove love the painting you’ve done in your house. So light and airy! I too love the glass pine cones but I have to say what about those cute stars!? LOVE them! Are they going to be for sale too?