Thank you’s, a shop discount code, & my first workshop!

Well, good morning, friends.

If you’ve been looking for me, I’d be the one doped up on pain meds with greasy hair and a belly full of ginger ale.

Matt was sweet enough to let y’all know what was going on with me–I appreciate your prayers, comments, emails, and tweets so very much!  The surgery went well, and while I’m still in quite a bit of pain, I know I’ll be getting well soon enough.

And that’s a good thing because we’ve got a million in-process projects going on here….ones I can’t wait to finish and show you!

Until then, Matt and I had a few hours to talk business while I’ve been down for the count, and we’ve decided to offer you a permanent 10% off coupon code for all Chalk Paint™  Quarts.

Your permanent discount code is SPECIAL10.  (all caps)

attend an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ Workshop via Perfectly imperfect and learn how to use the full range of colors and waxes.

As always, let us know what questions you have about using Chalk Paint, and how we can help you find the perfect custom color, or create a certain finish, etc.

That brings me to my Workshop announcement:  We’ll be hosting our first Intro to Chalk Paint Workshop in our home on Saturday, July 28, 2012 (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.)!

attend an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Workshop with Shaunna West from Perfectly Imperfect.

I want the workshop to be fun and casual and a way for Matt and I to connect with you guys, our readers and customers.  We can’t think of a better way to do that than to host the workshop in our home!

You’ll get to learn SIX Techniques:

• 2 Color Distress
  • Wash (driftwood, etc.)
  • Smooth, Modern Finish
  • Rustic Finish
  • Crackle Finish
  • Colored Wax or finish of your choosing

You’ll get to take home all of your completed sample boards & craft frame, chip brushes, info packets describing our learned techniques, sandpapers, apron, and an Annie Sloan book, Quick and Easy Paint Transformations.

By the time you leave, we want you to feel confident to create ANY look you want with Chalk Paint and waxes, and encourage you to paint the town HAPPY!

Head to our Shop page to purchase your spot in the class….full payment guarantees your spot, and if for some reason you cannot attend, you’ll be able to transfer to a future class with us.  Note: Workshop class size limited to 10, and spots will fill very quickly.

Since the workshop will be in our home, we’ll also set up Shop there to meet all of your paint and supply needs, and we’ll have some of our decorative shop items there as well.  After signing up, you’ll receive a confirmation email with details/directions within 2 weeks.  Light refreshments will be included.

It should be a FUN girl’s (and guy’s) morning in, and Matt and I look forward to seeing you there!!!

*unless watermarked, images via Annie Sloan

, ,

33 Responses to Thank you’s, a shop discount code, & my first workshop!

1. thereasa gargano July 5, 2012 at 12:03 pm #

i wish i could attend, but i live in CA. not exactly around the corner. ;-(

• perfectlyimperfect July 5, 2012 at 12:05 pm #

That’s okay, Thereasa! Let us know if we can ever answer any questions! :-)

2. Betsy(@coastal-colors) July 5, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

So glad you’re better! My hubby had kidney stones and it wasn’t fun! Take care of yourself and don’t try to do too much too fast! Congrats on your business and your first workshop! Thanks for the discount code! I love this paint! Sorry I missed you at Haven I attended the painting class on Thursday. I hear you two were great!

3. Tonya @ Love of Family & Home July 5, 2012 at 12:27 pm #

So glad you are feeling better & that you finally figured out what was the cause of all your problems!! Continued prayers for a speedy recovery!!

4. Sherilan Young July 5, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

I wish I lived closer so I could take the workshop. I am in the middle of painting my kitchen table and need help! I have painted the top and have used the clear wax on half. I have buffed the half with wax and I like how it looks but don’t like what happens when we put something down on top of the part that has been waxed. It leaves rings where the dish was or finger prints. I really didn’t want that for my table. Should I buff a lot more, or can I do something on top of it to make it better? Thanks

5. Sandy R July 5, 2012 at 1:23 pm #

I am so interested in your paint BUT – I cannot find understand, Chalk Paint does this mean it works as a chalkboard??

6. Gina July 5, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

I wish I lived closer….I’d be there for sure!

7. Harbormom July 5, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

How far away from Birmingham are you? I want to book a spot, but need to know if it’s a doable distance…

• perfectlyimperfect July 5, 2012 at 4:07 pm #

Just emailed you back…we’re 2 hours away. Would love for you to attend if you’d like! As of now, we have the workshop scheduled to begin at 9 a.m., but if everyone is coming from a distance, we can always push it back a bit. Hope we get to meet you! :-)

8. Harbormom July 5, 2012 at 4:04 pm #

Just saw in another string that you are in Troy…too far for this old woman to drive for a day. (sob!) I know you will have a great class…so sorry to miss it. I just picked up two fiddle-back chairs off the side of the road and they are begging for some ASCP!

9. Kristen July 5, 2012 at 5:43 pm #

Thanks for the 10% discount! I just placed an order for 4 quarts :) Wish I could attend the workshop, but considering I’m in VA….just a little to far. I wish you the best of luck!

10. Anna@agoodhome July 5, 2012 at 6:14 pm #

Oh my gosh!! I’m going to have to convince my husband that he’s cool with me abandoning him with the kids so I can make the 5 hr drive to your house! I want to take your class sooooo badly! (cross you fingers for me :))

11. Jesse B July 5, 2012 at 7:49 pm #

Shaunna, I am so glad that you are feeling better and I am SO EXCITED that you are now a stockist! I know where I’m getting my paint from!!! ;) Thank you for the discount, too! Now get your rest and feel better! ;)

12. Dawn July 5, 2012 at 8:15 pm #

I am glad you are feeling better! I am trying to purchase my spot in the workshop but it keeps telling me invalid shipping method, cannot be shipped to this state. Has anyone else had trouble? Also, I picked up the book you are giving as part of the workshop last Saturday in your shop, is there any way I can get the other one instead?

Dawn

• perfectlyimperfect July 5, 2012 at 8:52 pm #

Hey Dawn! We’re checking into it right now–and we can always just invoice you if it keeps giving us trouble. And, sure, you can grab the other book! :-)

• perfectlyimperfect July 5, 2012 at 10:38 pm #

Hey Dawn! It should be working now–Matt gave it a try and says you should be good to purchase. :-)

13. Karen Kimberl July 5, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

Sign me up!

14. Ruth in NZ July 5, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

Hi Shauna,
    I would so love to come to your class, but I have a confession to make. It would not really be for the paint technoques! It would just be an acceptable, non stalky way of meeting you! :-) Unfortunately the fact I live in New Zealand is against me in that dream. So love the blogging world so I can interact with amazing people from around the world from here in lil ol NZ. All the best with your class and with continued recovery.
    Blessings,
    Ruth

15. Mary Cardini-Anderson July 5, 2012 at 11:10 pm #

I am so sorry that you have been in pain. I hope you feel lots better very soon. I haven’t a clue how to use chalk piant. I live in NH so I will not be able to attend your class. I love to paint “things” so perhaps I had better find out how to use your lovely paints.

Good luck with your class.

Mary

16. Stephanie July 6, 2012 at 12:26 am #

Hello!! I hope u feel better soon :-) since I leave in California… Have you thought about selling an online version??? I would love to learn from you!!
    Thanks again for your wonderful blog:-)

17. coachdj5 July 6, 2012 at 5:08 am #

Thanks Shaunna, It worked fine this time. I am paid up and am excited about the workshop.

Dawn

18. Allison H. July 6, 2012 at 8:25 am #

I live in Texas, my bestie lives in Georgia. We will be meeting halfway(Ha! me 12hr drive, her 4) and going to your next class! So excited. Thanks for the discount code. Praying for swift and perfect healing for you!

• perfectlyimperfect July 6, 2012 at 8:53 am #

Oh my goodness, that would be wonderful! I think I have the best readers in the whole wide world!!! And thank you for the prayers! :-)

19. Tammy July 7, 2012 at 8:16 am #

Still on vacation that weekend, but I’m in Georgia so I will be at the next one!

20. Kim July 8, 2012 at 10:09 pm #

I’m so glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Is your class already full? It’s about a 5 hour drive for me, but I would LOVE to come if you still have a spot available! :)

I’ve been following your blog for a while now, so I hope to meet you in person really soon! :)

21. Mia July 13, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

Hi! I’ve been reading your posts, and decided to give ASCP a try. I did 2 coats of old white on a night stand, then used the clear and dark wax. I’m not really loving the top, as I think it looks dirty. Any suggestions? I feel like I should just start over–how long do I have to wait to repaint after I waxed?

• perfectlyimperfect July 13, 2012 at 3:07 pm #

Hey Mia! I know what you mean–anytime you antique furniture it can look “dirty” really quickly. You have a couple of options–I would first try to apply more clear wax…a lot of times adding more wax reconstitutes the wax again, and you might be able to wipe more away. And you can paint right over any of that, after wiping it away–no waiting. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask! We can even chat if you’d like. Have fun with it! :-)

• Mia July 13, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

Thanks so much for your quick response!! I tried applying more clear wax, and still didn’t like it. I think I’m just going to paint over the top and start over. I’m completely new to all of this, but am loving it and found a new hobby! I’m going to watch your videos again and keep reading! I wish I lived close enough to do your workshop…I’m researching some shops in New Orleans. Thanks again for your help:)

• perfectlyimperfect July 15, 2012 at 3:10 pm #

Sure thing, Mia! Definitely–just paint right over it and only clear wax this time. Feel free to ask away any time! :-)

22. Gina July 13, 2012 at 3:40 pm #

I would like to know if there is a waiting list for cancellations. I would love to come to the class!

23. Colleen February 18, 2013 at 11:40 pm #

What finish would you recommend for outside furniture painted with your incredible paint?