week of design tv

Things have been NUTS around here this week.

Always, it is the story of me, the blog, the babies, the man, the house….it’s always nutty, but this week has been extra C-c-crazy.

This arrived for me yesterday…

filming a house proud for Nate Berkus

Do you see that fine print?

Yep.  The Nate Berkus Show.

Let me start by saying the fact I’m even writing a post that contains his name floors me.  I was first contacted back in May, and the awesome folks wanted me to come out within a few weeks.  Remember May for me?  It was time for us to head to Honduras for our mission work-building houses- there.

So, no Nate in May.

But…we kept in touch (not Nate and me…one of his awesome producers, Emily :) , and the time has come to have the house featured in one of his House Proud segments.  I’m humbled, honored, overwhelmed, and overjoyed.

And busy.  We’ve been cleaning and organizing all week, and plan to shoot the living room, dining room, guest room, kitchen, playroom, theater, and writing room.

Whoa.

I’ll walk through and chat it up about different things in the house, and we’ll also shoot the rooms empty, sans Shaunna.

It’s going to be a blast, and a lot of work.  And…almost an impossible feat since Ava has officially turned into the terrible Taz of toddlers.

Knocking things over is her favorite.

Kissing her is mine.

I believe the episode will air sometime in October, but I’ll keep you guys posted!  I hope you’ll watch and see if I’m a total spaz.  Maybe I’ll have an “on” week.

If that’s not enough design tv, we’re headed out Monday morning to meet these guys…

helping with the Lettered Cottage couple's design tv show

image via The Lettered Cottage

Recognize this pic?

It’s our big buddies, Kev and Layla, and filming for the pilot of their possible design tv show begins next week.

Yours truly and the hubs have been asked to come along and help.  I’m sure we’ll do a little of everything, but Matt will be doing some building, and I’ll be shooting pics of all the behind-the-scenes.

And I’m praying I get to paint something.

All joking aside, it’s an incredible opportunity and we’re honored our friends want us there, and we are looking forward to helping any way we can.

It’s a week of design tv, and I may or may not be about to pass out from all the excitement.

And possibly buy some artichokes for no other reason than to style the kitchen.

*this also means I’ll be taking a little blog-vacay, so if you would like to be featured next week, shoot me an email on what you’d like to guest post, and I’ll let you know if it’ll work out!  Email me at shaunna@perfectlyimperfectblog.com with subject September 2011 Guest Post.

51 Responses to week of design tv

1. Kim in Iowa September 9, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

How exciting! Congratulations and have a blast with both big projects!

2. Erin K. September 9, 2011 at 12:12 pm #

I’m so excited for you! I love the Nate Show and watch it every day. You are going to be fantastic and they couldn’t have chosen anyone better, I’m sure! Good luck!

• perfectlyimperfect September 10, 2011 at 7:30 am #

Thanks Erin! What a kind thing to say!! Let’s hope you’re right. ;-)

3. Stephanie September 9, 2011 at 12:26 pm #

Congratulations! Although I thought you were going to announce you were pregnant. :) I don’t know why. Can’t wait to watch the episode. On another note I just used chalk paint for the first time today on a freebie dresser I got and I love that stuff!!

• perfectlyimperfect September 10, 2011 at 7:32 am #

Thanks Stephanie! Hahahaha! Soon enough, but not just yet. :-) I’m so glad you liked the chalk paint! I love it…seriously love it. Happy Painting!

4. adventuresindinner September 9, 2011 at 12:27 pm #

So happy for all of you. It’s so nice to see good people recognized for their many talents.

• perfectlyimperfect September 10, 2011 at 7:35 am #

Thank you very much! I’m just kinda doing my thing…so I’m happy to be along for the ride.

5. Renee September 9, 2011 at 12:40 pm #

So happy for you! You work hard and it’s all paying off! Congrats! Can’t wait to watch you. OH, add one more thing…I am writing the article on Mom Caves so I will need the hi-res photo. Email me when you get back!

• perfectlyimperfect September 10, 2011 at 7:36 am #

Thanks so much Renee!! I love what I do so much it doesn’t feel like work at all…which is amazing and I’m certainly blessed. And great on the article! I’ll try to do it today if I can remember, lol. ;-)

6. Maury @ A Fabuless Home September 9, 2011 at 12:46 pm #

Congratulations! What an exciting (and kinda exhausting) week! I just sent you an email about guest posting, but either way, I’ll be watching to see who you introduce us to next week!

• perfectlyimperfect September 10, 2011 at 7:36 am #

Great Maury! I haven’t checked those emails yet, but I’ll be doing that today. Thanks so much!!

7. Olivia Juenke September 9, 2011 at 12:49 pm #

That’s awesome news… so excited for you! And I’ll be tuning in for SURE, wouldn’t miss it!

8. Centsational Girl September 9, 2011 at 12:53 pm #

Woooooooo to the hooooooooo ! So so excited for you and what fun you will have on the show! Nate is the BEST and you will be as charming and delightful as ever. So happy for you, and give my pal Layla a big hug from me. Movin on up to the big time, I love it!!!!!
    xo
    Kate

• perfectlyimperfect September 10, 2011 at 7:38 am #

Thanks Kate! I need some pro advice. ;-) We are going to try to shoot everything today…with toddlers in tow, no less. Should be interesting. I’m super excited and honored. Hope you have an incredible weekend!!
      xo

9. Gwen September 9, 2011 at 1:02 pm #

Sweet!

10. Beth @ NashvillePug September 9, 2011 at 2:19 pm #

Yippeeeeee! Nate is the lucky one!

11. Miss Mustard Seed September 9, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

Woohoo! So fun. You’re going to be a TV pro by the end of next week. Have fun and soak it all in. Also, artichokes are really yummy, so you should steam them and eat them when you’re done with the shoot. Or just send them my way. :)

• perfectlyimperfect September 10, 2011 at 7:40 am #

LOL, don’t worry, I’m going to eat them. Except, I’ve never cooked them at home before…that outside is kind of intimidating. :-) Thanks for the well wishes…I’m a little nervous, but it’ll be lots of fun!

12. Deb September 9, 2011 at 2:45 pm #

Congrats to a talented young woman………very happy for you!!!

13. Jane September 9, 2011 at 2:45 pm #

I am so excited for you. Your dining room is so gorgeous; Nate is going to flip out when he finds out your hubby built that table and the window seat and the shelves. On second thought, don’t tell him. He might want to hire him.

• perfectlyimperfect September 10, 2011 at 7:44 am #

Thanks Jane! I hope they like it..we certainly do. Matt is very hire-able indeed.
      ;-)

14. liz @ designing domesticity September 9, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

Congrats! Can’t wait to hear the details! liz

15. Wren Daniels September 9, 2011 at 3:31 pm #

I am so excited for you! I can’t wait to hear all about it! Good luck!!

16. Kim September 9, 2011 at 3:49 pm #

Congrats, Shaunna. Wow just more and more great things coming your way. Can’t wait to see you on t.v.

17. sharon September 9, 2011 at 5:00 pm #

How exciting for you! Can’t wait to watch you on Nate!

18. vintageshabbychicks September 9, 2011 at 5:05 pm #

Hey Shaunna…what a week you’ve had!! Congratulations on all the great news.. Can’t wait to see it :-) )

19. Dorothy September 9, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

Congratulations! How exciting! You know, my oldest daughter went to high school in Hopkins MN with Nate for a while. Too bad he probably doesn’t remember her, because I think she’d like to give him some grief for his behavior in the hallway. Bwa ha ha ha. Back to the topic, your house is lovely and I’m not surprised it is getting attention. :)

• perfectlyimperfect September 10, 2011 at 7:47 am #

That’s funny, Dorothy. Oh, highschool. Not the best years of my life, for sure. Thanks for the congrats!

20. Jessica September 9, 2011 at 7:13 pm #

Congrats on the Nate show! How exciting ~ I bet it will be a blast! Look forward to watching!

21. Funky Junk Interiors September 9, 2011 at 7:34 pm #

Oh my gosh… I’d run away from home if all that happened my way! So happy I get to watch you from my safe zone. :)

Best wishes! Way awesome!

Donna

• perfectlyimperfect September 10, 2011 at 7:46 am #

Thanks Donna!! You’re hilarious…I know you’re great at all that big opportunity stuff! Thanks for the best wishes; it should be fun!!

22. Elizabeth September 9, 2011 at 9:13 pm #

Wow! This is so exciting, congratulations! I cannot wait to hear all abot the show and the exciting production work with Layla and Kevin. I hope their pilot is a great success.

23. Pam September 10, 2011 at 8:09 am #

How wonderful! How exciting and how even more precious is it that you love kissing your babies. That’s what makes your blog one I want to read, that you’re priorities are in the right place. God bless you (and I do believe He is! :-) )

• perfectlyimperfect September 11, 2011 at 7:20 am #

Man, thanks, Pam! What a lovely thing to say….I’m just kinda trying, I guess. I’m sure I mess it all up more than i get it right, but we’re sort of all about the fam….and I don’t think I’d have it any other way. Thanks for the congrats! :-)

24. glenda b September 10, 2011 at 8:47 am #

Sooo cool!! You rock, girl. I will definitely be watching for you! You wull do great!!

25. glenda b September 10, 2011 at 8:57 am #

I meant to say-you will do good!! I think that’s why they invented proof reading. ;-)

26. Anneke @ RustiChic September 10, 2011 at 9:55 am #

I just have to say that it’s saying something big when they previously contacted you, you had the discernment to say “Um…not right now”, and then they still wanted to have you enough to wait until it worked for you! I’m so excited for you, and can’t wait to see it. You definitely deserve it!

27. Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality September 10, 2011 at 10:28 am #

shaunna!!! So excited about the Nate thing for you. I get so giddy seeing my friends on his House Proud segment & you are going to be perfect. I’m also so excited about next week & getting to hang out with you too. Looking forward to all the fun with Ms. Layla.

• perfectlyimperfect September 11, 2011 at 7:17 am #

I know, Rhoda! If we can only finish filming today and pack for the week and do laundry and pack the kids… whoa. We’ll be happy once we get on the road! lol :-)

28. Collette Douglas September 10, 2011 at 12:09 pm #

Hello! Congratulations and I am so excited for you!
    EEk–as excited as you are about so much incredible chaos going on in your house and life–TWO TV OPPORUNITIES?!? Seriously?!?–Imagine an even LARGER degree of excitement in MY neck of the woods if you featured ME on your blog! It’d be like….so huge! My blog is tiny and in its infancy…but I bet I can write something fresh and inspiring for your fans in your absence! Maybe…? Please…? :) I am so looking forward to seeing you on Nate and possibly in Layla and Kev’s spot! :) Hugs, Collette

29. Leen September 10, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

congrats! How very exciting, I can’t wait to see you on TV!

Give Layla and Kevin hugs for me, I wish I were closer to ATL :(

30. Jeannie-jb September 10, 2011 at 7:56 pm #

Nate Burkus???? Really? Wow, Wow Wow! Congratulations and I hope all goes well for your friends Kev and Layla, too.

31. Catie September 11, 2011 at 4:13 pm #

Wow, what an exciting week Shaunna! Congratulations and all the best while you’re out on the road! You’re the second blogger I follow that is recently being featured on Nate’s House Proud segment. Can’t wait to watch!! = )

~ Catie

32. Dear Lillie September 11, 2011 at 11:54 pm #

Oh my goodness! A million congratulations on both! I am so so so excited for you!

33. site December 16, 2013 at 2:01 am #

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I
    stumbleupon on a daily basis. It’s always interesting to read articles from
    other writers and practice something from other websites.

34. Louis January 14, 2014 at 11:18 am #

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!
    I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later on.
    Cheers