Opportunity

Last week was tough.

There have been big decisions weighing on my mind and my heart.  The last few months seem to have picked me up and whipped me around with the winds, and while there is certainty in my life, there has also been question.

The most important things are not in question. There’s such rest in that.  Sometimes, though, it is so very simple to focus on the difficulty, to focus on the now, that it becomes quite impossible to see what may lie ahead.

via

We gathered around the table yesterday, and my eyes were filling with tears every few seconds.  Someone was saying a few words, and if they hit home any more, I think I might have fallen out of my seat.

Sometimes we are confused.  We are worn; we are low.  Things are difficult.

The speaker pointed us to the Upper Room, and to the knowledge that when Christ knew the days were about to become low, and confusing, and difficult for his beloved, He brought them to a room together to share the wine and bread.  There is power in the gathering.

And while we can’t feel it sometimes, there is great opportunity in the difficulty.

18 Responses to Opportunity

1. Renee @ The Refined Relic August 11, 2014 at 7:45 am #

Hi Shaunna,

Sending you a word of encouragement and lifting you up in my prayers.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3

Have a blessed day.

Renee

2. Renee @ The Refined Relic August 11, 2014 at 8:05 am #

Hi Shaunna,

Sending you some encouraging words and lifting you up in prayers.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3

Renee

3. Deb Owen August 11, 2014 at 11:32 am #

Amen, Amen!

4. Sadie August 11, 2014 at 1:18 pm #

Your words really helped me today. I myself am in a difficult place. Transitioning to a new life and fighting it.

• perfectlyimperfect August 12, 2014 at 9:58 am #

I know exactly what you mean, Sadie. Rest in this place when you can. :-)

5. leeza August 11, 2014 at 2:54 pm #

Thank you for gifting this message to your readers– it really blessed me today!

6. Jill August 11, 2014 at 3:27 pm #

Sometimes all you can manage to do is breathe and that’s okay. Take a walk, even if it’s raining. And breathe. Take a blanket and lay in the shade. And breathe. When life knocks you down, it is up to you to try to get up. Using your heart extend your hand, there are many people in your life who will be there to take it and support you. May tomorrow be a better day.

• perfectlyimperfect August 12, 2014 at 10:00 am #

Absolutely, Jill!! Sometimes just being is alright. Thanks for your comment!!

7. Brigitte August 11, 2014 at 3:31 pm #

May the Lord Jesus strengthen you in your difficult spot.

8. Hope Williams August 11, 2014 at 3:34 pm #

There are days, months and sometimes years spent in this place. It is them we must lean on God and family and the knowns the most.
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds, But knowing WHO holds our future.
    May your soul find rest and peace our friend.
    With Christian love, Hope

9. Sylvia Marie August 11, 2014 at 5:50 pm #

Leaning on Jesus,Leaning on Jeus safe and secure….. blessings today!!!!

10. Kimberly Jorgenson August 11, 2014 at 5:58 pm #

Ok, wow… Love all the words. Sometimes we are blessed with so much, it’s difficult to see what we really have. That’s when it’s time to turn to God, thank, aknowledge, and surrender. I’m there now..in a difficult position, but know how blessed I am.

11. Rose L. August 11, 2014 at 7:43 pm #

Difficult decisions will never be easy. I have had a lot to make the last few years. My husband was extremely ill with physical conditions and frontal lobe dementia. When at 56 years of age he went into a coma, then had stroke, and then was pronounced brain dead, I had to make a difficult decision. Since his death Nov 10 2012, there have been many difficult decisions. I just pray and tell God to guide me. I hope you find guidance in any difficult decisions you must make!

12. Robin August 18, 2014 at 8:56 pm #

Thank you to all of you ladies for all the comforting words. Sometimes life is not about you and the difficulties you are going through but the difficulties of others that you care about and wondering why for them. These are some of the things that are weighing on my heart right now. May God lead and guide them in the way they need to go.